News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Video from the 1'st Ren Faire

Started by Lord William, March 02, 2011, 12:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord William

In honor of the faire's Silver Anniversary, we have footage from the very first faire from 1987! Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYHkJNsrPeM

Dinobabe

That was awesome!  You need to make a compilation video of all the years.
The outfits are so cheesy compared to what we wear today! ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady Gryphon

Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

Lady Gryphon

Are the Dates set for this year, being from Mobile, we're not that far away and I'd like to put in one our calendar.

Captain Teague

Wondering if you have any video of the first years Parade they put together. I am proud to say I was there at the very first one, in Garb, and deeply deeply honored to be asked to march in the parade as they of course had a small attendance and cast because of just getting started. I would be the one who came in black leather garb with maille sleeves and carried a banner.  ;D
The Code is the Law...

Lady Gryphon

Or if anyone has a photo of him in that garb, we would love to have a copy.  I didn't know him back then, or I would have 100 photo's of it. 

Captain Teague

Oh yes....bck in the days when I was devilishly handsome..... ::)

Now I'm just devilish.  8)
The Code is the Law...

renfairephotog

It's the 4th weekend in October. Oct 22-23. Plus a feast the sat before.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Lord William

Sorry to not reply sooner... guess "sometimers" hit me hard.  :P Anywho, as has been said, the faire is the 4'th weekend in October, and is always such, so you can plan your schedules as far in advance as you like. Same for our fund raiser feast the week before.

As to video of that first year... it is from the Florence faire, and that was filmed by a close friend of several volunteers (who has now passed on). His wife was preparing to move to be nearer her kids/grandkids and found the VHS tape and thought we might like to have it. The full video is like near 50 minutes, but no footage of the parade is on it. To my knowlege, that's the only video taken of that first year.

Lady Gryphon

Do you have any way for transferring that video to CD and selling me a copy.  I am sure that in the 50 minutes of tape there might be a glimpse of Lord Dragon as a young black knight  LOL.  I would love to have a copy.  Please let me know here, and we can work it out.