R/F.com Updates > Ask the Admin

Spam - A Lot!

(1/27) > >>

Lady Renee Buchanan:
It seems the past week or so, there has been more spam than usual.  And it seems that each spammer makes 3 threads.  Not 2, not 4, just 3. 

I don't know much about computers, but can someone (evil someone) set up their computer to do that, or is it just a fluke?   ???

renfairephotog:
Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceedest on to three.

renfairephotog:
Yep they can. So just use report to mod. Then reply "reported" in the thread so everyone knows that it been reported. That way the mod/admin boxes aren't flooded with reports on the same spam.

Celtic Lady:
Sounds like a plan.

meauho:

--- Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on November 23, 2009, 05:40:14 AM ---It seems the past week or so, there has been more spam than usual.  And it seems that each spammer makes 3 threads.  Not 2, not 4, just 3. 

I don't know much about computers, but can someone (evil someone) set up their computer to do that, or is it just a fluke?   ???

--- End quote ---

Being a new member, i don't know what the flood limit is for this forum (if it is SMF default or higher).  However, as admin of several other forums, we have noticed that (based on post time) the bots typically get nailed by the flood control so they only post in a certain number of threads.

I had one forum where I had intentionally removed all flood control (in the coding), and we would get spam bots in every single thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version