News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Count down is ON!!!!!

Started by Lord Figaro, December 01, 2009, 01:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Charron

+1

No Muffin!, sadness!

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Muffin

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Lord Figaro

11 Day
19 Hours
50 Minutes

Till

BOOM!!!!!
TIME!!!!
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Marcos Charron

Went to the fairegrounds today for my boothie id, lots going on!

Won't be long now!

Marcos

irregularjoe

Hi all,
I wrote this a few years ago for my myspace blog page.  I thought I would share it.  I hope it makes you chuckle a little and I certainly hope it doesn't offend anyone :)

TOP 10 TIPS FOR FIRST TIMERS AND NEWBIES!

Or, "Is that a Turkey Leg in your pants or are you just happy to see me..." by Irregular Joe

It's that time of year again. Time to blow the dust off of this old gem and repost.  Enjoy :o)

First and foremost (hithertofore in roman numerals), if you have never been to a festival, you're either going to love it or hate it. If you hate it, just leave, don't stick around and be a weenie, there's a tractor pull or yard sale very close by I'm sure. If you're not sure right away, slam two beers and a glass of mead. It will enhance the rest of your experience and may just loosen your arse up enough to enjoy the rest of it. If you do enjoy it or just plain fall in love with it, my condolences to you and your Visa Gold Card. Both of you will be spent by the end of the day (and you have to come back tomorrow).

IInd, this is a Renaissance Festival. So don't get all butt hurt if mud gets flung on you at the Wild Men show or a falcon poops on your head. And it's not church so please; don't get the angry (or scarlet arse) when Mike at Vegetable Justice tells you why there are tomato seeds in your sister's bed or that with your baseball hat on backwards you look like Darth Vader's wiener  :)

IIIrd, it's a Renaissance Festival, not a costume party. I've watched a few Renaissance and Medieval era movies in my time and I don't recall seeing Spock, a storm trooper, Austin Powers or Marilyn Manson in any of them. So George Takei, if you are reading this, please leave the Enterprise standard issue uniform at home.

IVth, some of these folks make a decent living. But many of them do not. If you can afford a couple of beers, then you can afford a buck, one lousy stinking dollar, at the end of a show. If not, look for me, I'll give ya one (dollar, not beer).

Vth, as soon as it starts to sprinkle, even a little, run like hell to your car and get away as fast as you can! It will flood and you will be up to your knees in Arizona quick sand! Ok, that's a bold faced lie and absolutely for my own benefit. But usually when all of you mundanes leave, it leaves the rest of the Festival day just for us in garb and that's pretty cool.

VIth, buy some garb.  Would you go to the Oscars in jeans or would you wear a tux?  Well then, dress appropriately! I have some really fantastic pictures I've taken of some really great people at the festival. But sir, you in the Raiders shirt, khaki shorts, flip-flops, Oakley sunglasses with zinc cream on your nose and the other fifty people just like you in the shot are ruining the Kodak moment.

VIIth, now that you just bought some garb, lose the sunglasses.

VIIIth, I know that we are technically outside. But do you mind not burning a smoke while sitting right next to others at a show? The world is your ashtray here. Just step away from the show a few yards. I appreciate it. And we all appreciate it if you put your smoke completely out and then put it in the trash. I don't step on what's left of my Fysh n Chyps and leave it on the ground, it goes in the trash. And so should your roach.

IXth, The gates open at 10:00 so if you get stuck on the 60 at 1:00, start earlier next time (I can give you a wake up call when I get to the parking lot at 9:30).

Xth and lastly, If reading this does indeed give you the scarlet arse, stay away from Vegetable Justice :o)  It's not for the easily offended or tomato lovers :o)

I hope this doesn't make me sound like a Renaissnob...

I'll be writing a section called "How to do the Arizona Renaissance Festival for Under $100.00 a Day", that is, just as soon as I can figure out how to do it myself...

HUZZAH!!!

Norfolk

Just call me "Your Grace"

Lady Isabella

Joe that's some funny stuff!

Comte de Gilbert

Lady Isabella...how good it is to see you pokin around again, can't wait to see you again!! BTW are you on facebook by chance?

If you look for me I'm listed as Scott Parker
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Lord Figaro

Good question Comte de Gilbert, If anyone would like I am under my name John Kilroy. You may recognize me by my photo?

George Santayana

Muffin

Quote from: Comte de Gilbert on January 26, 2010, 10:51:02 PM
BTW are you on facebook by chance?

If you look for me I'm listed as Scott Parker

that and he's wearing a really stupid shirt in his profile picture!  :-X :D :D :D :-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Comte de Gilbert

could be worse...could be wearing a Wild jersie
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

irregularjoe

We are down to the single digits Faire Folk!  Only 9 days to go!!!
With that I'd like to share a little something I penned this morning...ok, I typed on my HP laptop...

The Renaissance Faire is great fun
From the morn' to the end of the Sun
And six Scottish eggs
Two turkey leggs
Four mead, seven beers and I'm done
:)

Lord Figaro

9 Days
0 Hours
57 Minutes

Then LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George Santayana

Marcos Charron

Wow!

It's almost here!

Staff meeting on Sat, and set up the gypsy tent.

Next Sat?, time to play!

Marcos

Lady Isabella

Comte de Gilbert,
Not on Facebook, just here! Looking forward to seeing all of you. Our first weekend will be Feb 13th and every other weekend after that. Please pass on my best regards to Lady Jessica!