News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Southern Fairy Convention/Festival?

Started by Selkie, December 01, 2009, 09:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selkie

I know there are events like FaerieCon, FaerieWorlds, and the Labyrinth of Jareth Masquerade Ball on the eastern and western coasts of the US, but what about the southern part around Texas, Louisiana and the like? I'm sure there are  people who would want to attend the above mentioned events, but can't due to distance, time and money.

I think you could get performers and vendors to attend such an event and it'd be a big hit, don't you think? What do you guys think of the idea?
"I am a woman upon the land, I am a seal in the sea..."

Queen_of_Navarre

I wish we could have a Fairy Convention in the DFW area of Texas. It would be a nice central location for the south. I do believe there would be plenty of interest here.
Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

Selkie

*nods* I agree, of course. Sorry for not getting back to this thread in a while. Too bad someone who's involved with  this sort of thing would see this, get a clue and start one up.
"I am a woman upon the land, I am a seal in the sea..."