News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2 part eyelets

Started by Auryn, December 02, 2009, 09:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auryn

I apologize for being a forum hog/wench today but I just finished a couple of projects so I am all jazzed up.

I need to get my hands on 2 part eyelets- you know the ones where you have a washer on the back so theres no scratching or itching. I still have a nice row of circular scars down the sides of both my legs as a testament to why I ONLY use 2 part eyelets.
Anyhoo,
locally the only place to get them is wally world and its like $4 per pack of like 35 and they only carry black.
I am looking on Darice.com to get them directly from them but they have some large minimums, I have also found them on quilting-warehouse.com - anyone have any experience with them??

know where I can get them online in different colors??
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

ArielCallista

I've got no clue as far as online, but I do know hobby lobby has them. There should be a sewing notions type of wall by the fabric and there's usually quite an array of eyelet/grommet type of options there.
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Anna Iram

I've seen colored eyelets at Michaels, Auryn. Though that was last year and they may not carry them now.

Then there's Eyelet Outlet.

They are listed as scrapbooking embellishments, but would'nt they be the same as those used on fabrics? Lot's of colors and shapes and sizes anyway.

http://www.eyeletoutlet.com/round-eyelets.html

Auryn

Ariel,
unfortunately the Hobby Lobby closest to me is 200+ miles away on the other side of Florida.

Anna,
thanks for that link they have awesome prices and yes they are the same eyelets used in scrap booking.
Unfortunately my Joanns' ( I visit 4 different ones in 2 different counties) don't carry the eyelets with the washers, just the one part eyelets- go figure.

Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

gem

Do you have a hardware store close by?  You should be able to get a tarp grommet kit.  This is the one I use; I get it at Ace.  The setting kit is $9.99 and comes with 24 heavy-duty grommets, and the refills are $3.99, also with 24 grommets. 

Lady L

I have also used the grommets from the hardware store. They look good on both sides and have no jagged edges. :)
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Jessi

If you are shopping at Eyelet Outlet be sure to read the item description carefully, not all of their eyelets come with both pieces.
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Anna Iram

If you are using 1/8 or 3/16 sizes you can buy washers to fit in gold or silver. I've never used eyelets so don't know if the back side showes when finished. I assume not.

Artemisia

Artemisia Moltabocca
You haven't had enough coffee unless you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

Lady Isabella

I have used Faire Lady Designs eyelets. Good prices! Fast shipping also.

Marietta Graziella

www.grannd.com
Lots of good historical "construction" items here.  This is where I buy my grommets, hoop steel, etc.

Great customer service!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.