News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RenCon 2010

Started by Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard, December 03, 2009, 07:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Regrettably, we will not be in attendance after all. Just WAY too much work to do.
Have fun regardless.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

LadyRavenwolves

Quote from: Lady Celynn on April 03, 2010, 08:38:48 PM
This will be our first Rencon and I have a question about the Dark Carnevale...is any garb appropriate?  I have lots of dark vampire garb but it's from all different periods including Victorian.

Good news.. this is the FIRST Rencon in the area... So nobody is solid on what is "done" or not...  We are doing Medieval for the first night but haven't decided on the second night...

Wear what you want.  Everybody should be very welcoming if it is anything like FaerieCon.

See you there!  I will be there with two teenage daughters and my young sapling (son) and my Cravan (husband)

This is us http://clanravenwolves.com/slide_show.html?how=2009_MDRF_Pyrate_Weekend&picture=picture1.jpg

Ladyfair

I will have the memory sign in book at my booth.  Things from Rings booth C54 center of the room by the stage area.  Corner booth.  I welcome all to stop by and say hi. 

Hey M'Cracks.... anybody have a meet up anywhere?

I still have over 60 tickets for anyone who wants them..... for those who sent me a message, sorry I an slow in responding.... making extra stock for the show took alot of my time...smile... cant wait to get there..... getting ready now for the 10 hour ride...
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Amras Elfwine

Alas, will miss it due to the Baltimore Pirate Invasion this weekend...anyone going to Fells' Point this weekend, hope to see you there...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Lady Celynn

We had a great time and were so glad we went to the first of many RenCons.  A good time was had by all and it was so great to meet new friends and get to spend time with so many old and dear friends.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I sooooooooooooo totally must have missed something.We were there around 1pm, only seen two people we knew, no place to meet,eat,drink and be merry w/o going all the way to the bar area.Noone at the bar.Did meet some very nice vendors with some great shopping.Oh well maybe next year!
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady_Glorianna

I got there around noon maybe ??? just Sunday. Thanks again Ladyfair for the ticket. Saw a few people spending my time on the vendor areas. (mostly the one below)
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Lupa

We were there on Sunday only... arrived around 11:30.  Walked the vendors until about 2PM when the restaurant bar finally open:).

We saw a few people from MDRF (Lady Gloriana included:)).  Having this on the same weekend as BPI certainly hurt them I think.
Goddess of the Grove
DoRT
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3576
IFoRP #1360
FOKTOP Inquisitor
Cheer'n M'Crack

LadyRavenwolves

Quote from: Lupa on April 13, 2010, 04:09:13 PM
Having this on the same weekend as BPI certainly hurt them I think.

I so agree with your statement Lupa.   ???  Why didn't they check the calendar???  We enjoyed ourselves but it wasn't FaerieCon.

We were able to attend both balls but none of the panels.  I will say I was very disappointed and should have listened to my own advice about wearing whatever we wanted... My girls and I purchased medieval gowns/surcoats to wear for the Medieval Masque... And we were totally uncomfortable.  There were only a few people dressed in theme and the music, except for Gypsy Nomads - wasn't really conducive to the vibe we expected for a ball.  The second night we had more fun but again, there was limited dancing and it was mainly a huge meet and great rather than a dancing ball.

I am glad we were able to attend but really hope next year will be different. 

analise

Quote from: LadyRavenwolves on April 14, 2010, 07:57:31 AM
Quote from: Lupa on April 13, 2010, 04:09:13 PM
Having this on the same weekend as BPI certainly hurt them I think.

I so agree with your statement Lupa.   ???  Why didn't they check the calendar???  We enjoyed ourselves but it wasn't FaerieCon.

We were able to attend both balls but none of the panels.  I will say I was very disappointed and should have listened to my own advice about wearing whatever we wanted... My girls and I purchased medieval gowns/surcoats to wear for the Medieval Masque... And we were totally uncomfortable.  There were only a few people dressed in theme and the music, except for Gypsy Nomads - wasn't really conducive to the vibe we expected for a ball.  The second night we had more fun but again, there was limited dancing and it was mainly a huge meet and great rather than a dancing ball.

I am glad we were able to attend but really hope next year will be different. 

This kind of makes me glad I didn't go, though the panels did sound very interesting! I think I'll just wait for Faeriecon to come next year. :)

daniel paul

it makes me sad to hear this didnt go well. hopefully there will be a next year and i will be able to attend.