News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Campgrounds Layout

Started by mpullen, December 04, 2009, 12:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpullen

Okay, since there has been recent confusion coming from folks who haven't seen my earlier posts, here an update.

There are two campgrounds: Participants/ Vendors and Playtrons.

For the first year or so, the Participants/ Vendors campgrounds is the area between the Admin building and the Pub gate. This will be only a cleared area and without electricity/ water and no gravel roads. Eventually it will be used when the Faire area is ready to expand (around year 3). There is a heavily wooded area adjacent that will become the permanent Participant/ Vendor camping and parking area.

The Playtron campgrounds is divided into two areas: Reserved group/clan and open/general camping.

The Reserved group/clan area is the oval area below the Pub area. There has already been several groups who have staked claims in that area. A couple of groups have already started clearing their area with a mass clearing expected on Dec. 12. About 1/5 of the available area is still open for claiming. Condition for claiming an area is that the group will have folks camping every weekend, with at least the full group camping one weekend. The group is responsible for clearing their area and maintaining the area, including trash pickup and security.

The Open/General camping area will be close to the campgrounds entry off of Highway 290. It will be a large cleared area that one or more folks can setup tents or small trailers plus have area to park their cars/trucks. It will be a limited area, supporting about 80 or so tents. It will be on a first come-first setup basis.

The Faire owners may be purchasing an additional area that can be used for RV/travel trailer camping, but for the first or second year don't count on it. Hey, I'm the campgrounds manager and have a nice comfy travel trailer and will have to tent camp the first couple of years, so please bear with us.

Any questions?, see me at the Dec 12 gathering.