News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any new buildings coming to VARF in the near future?

Started by ++King of the Pirates++, December 05, 2009, 07:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

++King of the Pirates++

Yeah, I've asked a question similar to this earlier this year but I saw on the VARF home page that they could use help from people skilled in CONSTRUCTION and carpentry!?

It made me wonder why and if there was any potential for new structures in the foreseeable future.

I really hope that new buildings will come to VARF in the coming years. It bothers me to no end what has happened to the old site given how amazing it was.

Thoughts?
"When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears its people-there is liberty"

GoldenGoose

The other site was wonderful, wasn't it? But they sank all of that money into a stunning site and then, whoops! couldn't make enough money to pay for it.

Virginia Faire will not repeat that mistake. We've got different goals and values. We're also run by people who've visited faires all over the country and have seen plenty of soft faires that were just wonderful. We are fortunate to be in an area that has two large and wonderful renaissance faires close by -- that's what's given us an immediate fanbase. But it also hurts us. Those sites are so well built, that we've been under serious pressure to make buildings, buildings, buildings.

We've already learned with our few structures, that once you build, you're pretty locked into working around that building -- unless you can, with great effort or expense, or both, move things. We can't afford the latter, so we're not going to get locked into a site map until we're sure what we want the faire to look like in the long run.

However, if a sponsor wanted to build a building for us....

Stages, fences, shade structures and other storage structures are what's on the plan. Wanna help? comeplayatvarf.org

Master James

Just a clarification to what GoldenGoose posted, the email address is comeplay"at"varf.org  and replace "at" with @
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51