News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Louisiana Renn Fest Photo Gallery

Started by lordwriothsley, May 27, 2008, 08:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordwriothsley

So last night after I got home from Tennessee around 7 in the evening I became curious as to what kind of faire you guys have, so thats when I proceeded to go on to your faires website and take a look through the photo gallery and low and behold I was awe struck at what I saw. You guys have an awesome faire from I saw.It has now gotten me very interested in wanting to visit, so what I would like to know is when your faire opens and where it is so I can look further into trying to come. Plus the fact that I have met two cast members helps to.

Kit Hodges
Henry Wriothsley, 3rd Earl of Southampton Knight of the Garter
Cast of the Virginia Renaissance Faire
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

renfairephotog

The faire runs Nov 1 to Dec 7, 2008 . I've been trying to go for years but like gets in the way.  They have a very informative newsletter.  Subscribe ti the news letter and they'll keep you informed through out the year.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

lordwriothsley

Now i have a little problem. When I went to try to sign up for yalls newsletter and mailing list it would not let me as it said that apparently i have already been signed up when i don't remember signing up before.Is there anyway that someone can help me solve this problem.

Kit Hodges
Cast of The Virginia Rennaisance Faire
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

renfairephotog

I just got a newsletter a moment ago.

If you didn't get one try emailing at

rick AT larf.org

or

Don't forget that we now have a YahooGroup that we are using to distribute our ENewsletter. If you or someone you know would like to receive our ENewsletter to Yahoo accounts please visit
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LARF-ENewsletter
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

lordwriothsley

Now if i joined your yahoo group that you all have would i be gauranteed your monthly newsletter and spot on your mailing list?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

UrsulaChandler

Hi Kit!

Yes, the Yahoo group newsletter will keep you informed. Rick has it set up to email the members so you won't miss anything. You can also access old newsletters in the archive.

Let us know on this forum when you plan to come visit so we can we plan some fun.

Ursula Chandler
Louisiana Renaissance Festival
Cast, RLHC

lordwriothsley

Well Ursula I already know your queen Syrilla.I worked with her at TNRF on memorial day weekend so that will help.Plus two of your fellow cast members from LARF came and visited as well and worked TNRF as cast.Maybe you know them Baron Debauchery and General Binger.But yes i will most definetly let you know when i will be coming.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

DonaCatalina

Does anyone post photos for this Faire on this forum?
I've heard about LARF but never seen photos except for LadyElizabeth's
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

posaune

I put up a quick gallery on an old site that I have.... nothing fancy, but a few images of the fest.  I generally don't bring my gear to the fest, as my gear and Abita Amber lager don't mix, but if folks want more shots of the grounds, etc... I'll bring a camera this Friday and do some shooting....  If anyone has trouble viewing images, let me know...

Ted

http://www.darkforrest.com/dfgallery/

Woodland Artisan

There should be, considering the number of people I saw with cameras and camcorders for the 2 weekends (plus 3 student days) that I worked that faire (which, by the way, is still going on into December!).  People were snapping pictures left and right the whole time I was set up there.  I was so busy the whole time that I didn't get a chance to leave my area or just pick up the camera to snap pics of people walking by.  Really, I had a LOT of pictures taken at that faire.  Not that I minded one bit, of course.  :)

I do wish I had gotten a picture with "Birdie".  She stopped by periodically throughout the days to keep me entertained (as I, in turn, entertained the crowds) with her wit.  Birdie ... I was "rooting" for you all the time.  And you had me frequently "stumped" by your observations.  What a "cherry" (cheery) personality.

I took some video myself but it was on an off day so it wouldn't be too interesting ... shops closed up; construction going on; etc.  Just taking a visual tour through the site for myself to remember.

So, by all means everyone, share what pictures you've taken.

Quote from: DonaCatalina on November 25, 2008, 02:10:35 PM
Does anyone post photos for this Faire on this forum?
I've heard about LARF but never seen photos except for LadyElizabeth's

posaune

Put up some shots from today.  Even got a shot of Aviid and beeboy in there.  Nice to meet those guys.  Tried to get more shots of the grounds to give everyone an idea of what they are like.

http://www.darkforrest.com/dfgallery

The slideshow will go through all of the images automatically.  If you want to browse through manually, just know that not all thumbnails are displayed at once and you'll have to use the control buttons at the bottom to scroll through all of the images.

These are very scaled down copies of the images for load speed considerations.  If anyone sees a shot they want, I'll be happy to mail you a full sized copy.

Hope to see you there this weekend.

lordwriothsley

Thanks for putting that slide show together posaune.It was very awesome and the photo's were absolutely amazing.Thanks for sharing that with us.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

HawkMom

What great photos.  The lighting and the composition is excellent.  BTW:  I did not see any of our birds of prey or us.  Do you have any?   I would like some if you do. 

Kitty
The essence of falconry is not in the flight or the kill, but man's relationship with his hawk.      --- T.H. White

posaune

Thanks for the kind words, friends.  HawkMom, I could kick myself for not getting shots of you and your birds yesterday.  I was planning on shooting again today but the weather kept me from bringing any gear with me.  However, I will bring it tomorrow, wrapped in plastic if I have to, and would absolutely love to shoot as much as you will let me.  By the way, today I did present the Queen with some photos I took of her earlier and it scored me a great hug!   ;D

posaune

Thought I would share these shots of the lovely Mistress Ursula as she educates.  I shot a lot more today all over the grounds and will have them added to my site soon...