News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thanks from a VaRF first-timer

Started by McGuinness, June 02, 2008, 09:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGuinness

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone at VaRF (cast, crew, patrons, vendors) for an excellent visit this past Sunday. A few of us from the PA Ren Faire went down for a visit and had a great time. I'm used to constantly being on the move getting from one show to another and the relaxed pace of VaRF was definitely a change! The cast made us feel welcome and free to play (we had 3 ladies, an ArchBishop, a gypsy and a peasant wench) and I wish I had the time to get back down again. I just hope you guys weren't blown away by that storm that we came across heading home around 5 or so...that thing was wicked!

Come say hello if any of you (again...cast, crew, patrons, and vendors) get up to Mt. Hope to visit us this season...I hope we can return the hospitality!

Master James

It was our pleasure!  I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and I hope you can get back down this year again.  We would enjoy having you back!  You played along quite well with our court and you all looked quite resplendid in your garb.  M'lady and I will certainly stop by and say hello when we attend upon Mt Hope the weekend of Sept 20.  I look forward to seeing you and the rest of your court then.  Hopefully the Baron Buckurst and his wife can play along a bit when we are there. Anon.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

reese

My Lady,

Thank you and your group for the visit and for playing with us as well.  I, for one, truly enjoyed your input throughout the day. please, do come back to visit our board as we post pictures from the weekend, I know I got several of you all with both my camera and Master Jame's camera, not to mention the video cam.  

Reese

Scotsman

T'was a fine weekend indeed. Me and mine had a fantastic time! We are looking forward to coming back for invasion weekend June 14/15. Hope to see all there!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Master James

Quote from: Scotsman on June 02, 2008, 09:41:21 AM
T'was a fine weekend indeed. Me and mine had a fantastic time! We are looking forward to coming back for invasion weekend June 14/15. Hope to see all there!

Oh I'll be there my friend.  Only question is whether or not you will remember your clan colors or not!   ;D
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Scotsman

Quote from: Master James on June 02, 2008, 10:38:09 AM
Quote from: Scotsman on June 02, 2008, 09:41:21 AM

Oh I'll be there my friend.  Only question is whether or not you will remember your clan colors or not!   ;D

When I go home tonight I will be sure to load them up ... now just need to find that badge ....
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Dirtfarmer

I wish I could have been there on Sunday, but I muddled through half of Saturday and was a bit out of sorts and had to just stay down on Sunday so I could be worth a darn this week.  I really hated not being there to see two of my dearest friends in the ren world while they were there, and would have loved to have interacted with the other visiting court members.  I had been looking very forward to that day for awhile.

It is very funny in the pictures, 2 of the PaRF ladies in Patti's normal look with the attifet, and Patti was wearing a hat... I don't think I have ever seen her wear a hat in noble garb.  Colleen, were you in the blue or the brown?  I think that is you in what looks like Patti's brown dress.  You look rather different in that vs. the yellow you wore at PaRF.

McGuinness

Quote from: Dirtfarmer on June 02, 2008, 05:15:09 PM
It is very funny in the pictures, 2 of the PaRF ladies in Patti's normal look with the attifet, and Patti was wearing a hat... I don't think I have ever seen her wear a hat in noble garb.  Colleen, were you in the blue or the brown?  I think that is you in what looks like Patti's brown dress.  You look rather different in that vs. the yellow you wore at PaRF.

I was in the brown and yes, that was one of Patti's gowns. Our costume shop is still working on mine. It was definitely different being in something dark after that yellow I wore last year, but no fear....my new gown is ivory and blue.

I was looking for you around the grounds, DF, sorry you missed it. Glad I got to meet some other R/Fers though...I finally get to put some faces with names now!

lordwriothsley

Dirtfarmer,
For the record Colleen played my wife The Countess of Southampton on Sunday.I actually had a wife present in the shire which was fun for a change.The best part you missed was seeing Me, Patti, Auther, and Eileen get in trouble with the queen at court.That was so funny I really enjoyed it.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

stonethrow

It was fun playing with you this weekend.  Definately come back to visit.

reese

Thanks from me as well.  It was a lot of fun watching you all interact, it was as if you'd been with us all along.  I know I'll remember yesterday for years to  come. 

Reese

aidenoffairfax

I'm sure all the cast members who have responded have said similar, but I will say that it was our honor to have you join us, and be as willing as you were to be part of us. Without visitors, the cast wouldn't have a whole lot to do. I love meeting the people that come through the gate, as all become characters in the improv that runs our day. Each character brings a new level to each of us, and it's a blast to bring people who weren't part of the rehearsals in to the story.

Long story short, thank you for being there and playing with us!
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!