News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Your favorite Ren Faire moment

Started by aidenoffairfax, May 27, 2008, 08:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Hmmm, it never fails ... they always tend to have something to do with the pub!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

stonethrow

I think mine from this season was getting told off in the Court of Love by a 93 year old judge.

You know it's the small moments that make this worth doing.

Feline Groovy

Quote from: stonethrow on May 28, 2008, 08:58:32 PM
I think mine from this season was getting told off in the Court of Love by a 93 year old judge.

She was all sorts of fun, wasn't she?   :)  Now to go cudgel my memory to try to put a face/faire name with you, Stonethrow.......   :D
Where was I going and how do I get there?

aidenoffairfax

I'm doing the same thing... I think I know who Stonesthrow is, but that 93 year old judge threw some pretty harsh judgements at a couple of people... she was a GREAT judge though. So, Stonesthrow... who are you?
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

Master James

Stonethrow is our dear Baron Berkely.   ;D
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady Aldyth

Quote from: Master James on May 29, 2008, 10:04:42 AM
Stonethrow is our dear Baron Berkely.   ;D

Also known as "Dan the Man" or just "that big guy over there"! LOL
<love ya Dan!>

aidenoffairfax

Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

Feline Groovy

*facepalm*  'Scuse me whilst I go hang my head in shame.

And that case was so much fun -- the bellowed 'Forty-five pounds!?!?!?!?!' just as the next case was being called forward was priceless!!!
Where was I going and how do I get there?

will paisley

Quote from: Scotsman on May 28, 2008, 01:15:25 PM
Hmmm, it never fails ... they always tend to have something to do with the pub!

Let's see - this year (so far), it'd have to be the Irish Blues number Blind Lemon Curd and Jelly Roll Hood did ... in the pub.

Last year it would be the first time I sang Blown and Torn ... in the pub.

The year before that it would probably be when Her Majesty caught a few of the In Our Cups girls singing the Mayor of Bayswater ("the hair of her dickey die doh") ... in the pub.

Case closed.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

mellingera

I was presented to the queen yesterday for my birthsay and she had all the people sing "Happy Birthday" to me! Best faire moment ever!  :) Then I won the costume contest, granted there were only 4 persons participating, but it was a grand feeling none the less!

This was my first trip to VARF so that made it all the more special!

Master James

I am quite glad that you enjoyed your natal day with us!  Mistress Mary has quite a nice voice and she lead us all quite well.  I hope you can come back soon! And Happy Natal Day again.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

mellingera

Indeen I did, Master James! I will likely be back June 15.
See you all again real soon!  :D

reese

OH, I'm sorry I missed your Natal Day sing. 

OK, from this weekend:

Capt. Jack spent the downpour with us under the Queens tent, poor dear.  LOL

We had a gentleman (playtron?) traveling bard ( will have to review the video) that sang on Sunday, such a beautiful, rich voice OMG he brought tears to my eyes.  I can still see his face in my mind's-eye and hear his rich voice raised up in praise and protection to HIS Queen.  If you read this....thank you so very much for your gift to Her Grace, you gifted all of us.

But my very favorite of the weekend, and if you can believe it, I didn't have my video camera on me, was when one of our dear minstrels was sitting under a tent in the center part of the shire, playing his recorder (forgive me if I miss call the instrument) and Rach, Rich and Kira were just dancing with glee and sweet abandon in a way that only children can do and be.  I think only a handful saw this, but I believe it brought us all joy. 

Reese

EuripidesGray

Is the fellow you're referring to, by any chance, Gryphon?  I don't think I saw him perform but he sang along and requested songs at, I think his name is, Maugorn the Stray's show and even lent him his bouzouki.  I didn't speak with him but he looked so swept up by the songs.

reese

I can't remember, I'll have to review the video...yes, I have him on video  ;D  He sang (and I'll butcher the spelling) accapella, but had a guitar? strapped to him.  I didn't take pictures, otherwise I'd post it.  Once I get through the entire video footage (on 4th Hi8 with 2 more weekends to go), find someone who can transfer all this to the internet...ha, wish me luck there, still working on that one from last year...it'll be out there for all to see.  I'll watch that again tomorrow and see if I can catch his name. 

Thanks! 
reese