News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Your favorite Ren Faire moment

Started by aidenoffairfax, May 27, 2008, 08:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mellingera

Quote from: reese on June 02, 2008, 08:23:57 PM
OH, I'm sorry I missed your Natal Day sing. 

I believe one of my companions got pictures and possibly a video clip, when she sends them to me I will most assuredly post them!

reese

Thank you!  ;D  Happy belated Natal Day, glad you enjoyed it. 

Reese

EuripidesGray

It sounds like it might be him.  I had never seen this fellow before and he was carrying a bouzouki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Trichordobouzouki.jpg) which looks a lot like a mandolin and was practically dripping passion off him when he sang along.

I can't believe I missed him singing for the Queen.

lowlandscot

Quote from: EuripidesGray on June 02, 2008, 08:32:31 PM
Is the fellow you're referring to, by any chance, Gryphon?  I don't think I saw him perform but he sang along and requested songs at, I think his name is, Maugorn the Stray's show and even lent him his bouzouki.  I didn't speak with him but he looked so swept up by the songs.

At my last show on Sunday the entire audience was Mauggie and Gryphon (those late shows at the Phoenix are often...um.....INTIMATE performances, shall we say). The three of us ended up amusing ourselves with a Renaissance jam session. It's a pity we didn't have some patrons, it was a better show than the solo act I usually do.

reese

YES, it was Gryphon!  Thanks you two.  He did pulse of passionate energy with his song as if it came from his very essence.  After reviewing the video last night (couldn't wait), and not being in the moment, he seemed like he felt rushed, but was still very good. 

I'm sorry I missed the jam session; I bet that would have been wonderful to observe.