News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking for a good baldric...

Started by tiberiusflynn, December 08, 2009, 05:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiberiusflynn

I don't know if this would go in garbing or here...so here it is.

My current baldric is something I bought off of ebay, for a decent price. Its leather is rather stiff and thin. It's lasted well, over two years but I want something better...

Anyone know where I can get a good quality baldric of fairly thick and supple leather? Maybe something along the lines of POTC type baldrics (but not replicas)

I've tried barbossaleathers.com but their site seems to not be working...

Squire Mickey

Check out the photos of the custom baldrics I have done atwww.myspace.com/mickeyflint . I have been doing POTC styled baldrics with custom tooling and artwork for several folks of the last several months.

I have been using 9-10 oz veg tan hides. They are great to tale the carving and tooling and you can make it looked aged with out beating it up by using stains as opposed to dyes.

If your interested, wecan talk some more.
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

tiberiusflynn

Quote from: Squire Mickey on December 09, 2009, 09:37:53 PM
Check out the photos of the custom baldrics I have done atwww.myspace.com/mickeyflint . I have been doing POTC styled baldrics with custom tooling and artwork for several folks of the last several months.

I have been using 9-10 oz veg tan hides. They are great to tale the carving and tooling and you can make it looked aged with out beating it up by using stains as opposed to dyes.

If your interested, wecan talk some more.

I'm def. interested, from what I can see they look pretty good, congrats on the work. Right now, I'm just looking (as I'm currently unemployed) but I will def. be looking to buy with in the next few months...I'll be in touch.

Squire Mickey

Good deal. PM me when you want more details!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran