News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

"Echoes From Other Worlds"

Started by Blackbead, December 08, 2009, 07:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbead

Ahoy, mates!

Ready in time for Christmas, you can now order your copy of Echoes From Other Worlds, the newest anthology from Blackbead Books!  Over 180 pages of original poetry, short stories and artwork for only $16 plus shipping!  If you liked Raising Black Flags, then you'll want a copy of Echoes!  Go to www.lulu.com/Blackbead to get your copy AND if you go and purchase your copy now you can get it for 10% off the purchase price!  Just use the code "Humbug" when you check out and Lulu will automatically take off 10% of your purchase price! 

Echoes includes poetry and short stories by Wendy Easterling, Scot Goodrich, Kenneth King, Bobby Matherne, Shana L. Martin, Keith McGraw, Sharon Robb-Chism, Stephen Sanders, Pamala A. Williams, Kittye Williams, and artwork by Sharon Robb-Chism and Rod Lindsey.

Come read "It's In Me Blood," "Death or Glory," "The Surgeon's Mate," "Nameless Enemy," "Ghost of the Sea," and more and more and more!  Echoes is divided into two parts - "Tales from the Sea" which is all pirate-themed and "Tales from the Mist" which is full of science fiction and fantasy tales and poems. 

Remember, come to www.lulu.com/Blackbead and get your copy, for only $16 plus shipping!  Order now and save 10%!
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Rani Zemirah

I'm soooo excited!!!  This is my first published work that will actually appear in a bound volume, and I can't wait to get my own copy! 

Thank you so much for the opportunity to take part in this endeavor, Blackbead!  It's more thrilling than I could have imagined, and I haven't even held the book in my hand yet! 

Oh, and for those who don't already know, I am Wendy Easterling, and my work appears in "Tales from the Mist"...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Blackbead

Rani/Wendy,

Thank YOU so much for contributing your work to Echoes!  I still think your poetry is some of the best in the book!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Rani Zemirah

Oh... wow!  What an incredible compliment!  You can just say things like that aaaaalll day!  :D  heheh
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Blackbead

Lulu.com is at it again! 

Check out www.lulu.com/Blackbead and if you want to buy any of the books then use the code "Hohoho" at checkout and get TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT off your purchase price!  You can still get the books in time for Christmas and they make GREAT Christmas gifts!!

Just a thought . . .

Rani Zemirah

I know... I saw that!!!  I'm actually kind of excited, and I'll be ordering again...  LOL
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Tammy

Awesome!! I'm so gonna buy Echoes!!!

Rani...one day we shall meet, and I'd love to have your poem autographed!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Rani Zemirah

Sweetie, WHEN we meet, I'll sign it for you... and I'll perform it for you, also!!!  Whichever one you like... there are 3 in the book, and a short vignette that I actually wrote for the Circle exactly a year ago... today.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Blackbead

Ahoy, shipmate! 

Rani - have ye received your copy of Echoes, yet???  I am dying to know what you think!  Well, not dying . . . not really . . . but it feels like it sometimes!  So, did'ja, huh?  Did'ja??

Blackbead

Rani Zemirah

I haven't gotten it yet, although they sent me an email saying it shipped...  I WANT MY BOOK!!!!!!!!!   >:(  :'(
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Blackbead

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Okay, Lulu is about to be boarded!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Rani Zemirah

It's here, it's here!!!  And it's beautiful!!!  Couple of layout issues, but over all... I'm over the moon!!!  It's sooooo incredible to see my name on the cover (and I hardly even notice all those other names...)!!!  :D 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Blackbead

;D

I'm trying to resolve the layout issues that I know of . . . care to PM me with the ones you found?

I'm so glad that you like it!  More to follow!

Rani Zemirah

I'll try, but I'm afraid it will have to be after the holiday, since just about every minute is scheduled from here though Saturday!  I can't wait to show it off this weekend!!!  I'm just a little giddy thinking about it!  :D 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Blackbead

ravic

You are bringing this book when you come back to TRF next season, right? Right? Already have you on my schedule for Pirate Weekend.

Blackbead

Aye, aye, Friend Ravic!

We'll have both Black Flags and Echoes with us and I hope to get a good representation of the authors as well!  I think we can count on Captain Jasper and I, Captain Emerald, Diamond, Captain Taffy, and I am working on getting several more there to put in an appearance.  Like I always say, "the more the merrier!"

Blackbead

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Blackbead on December 29, 2009, 02:08:17 PM
Aye, aye, Friend Ravic!

We'll have both Black Flags and Echoes with us and I hope to get a good representation of the authors as well!  I think we can count on Captain Jasper and I, Captain Emerald, Diamond, Captain Taffy, and I am working on getting several more there to put in an appearance.  Like I always say, "the more the merrier!"

Blackbead

If this gathering were to happen over the All Hallow's weekend, I could almost guarantee my attendance...  Not really sure about any other weekend, though, since it's such a drive for me...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede