News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Medieval Games for the Nintendo Wii

Started by NoBill Lurker, October 04, 2009, 11:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoBill Lurker

Medieval Games

You have to watch the trailer!

Looks kind of interesting if you like OK mini game collections.
( Only previews I could find don't make it sound all that good...)
At least it's only going to cost $30 when it comes out... :-\
I'll wait for so reviews on it after it comes out myself!  ;) ;D
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

No Thanks's I'll stick to medieval Total war, Rome Total War, medieval II Total War and Empire Total War. By far the BEST games you can get concerning those periods in time.

OH and MTW II will cost you less than $30
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

I purchased this about 2 days ago. It's a big hit with the Princess. She finally gets to joust and sword fight....ooohhhhhh heaven!

Lady De Laney, do your perhaps play the game MTW II online?  I have all the TW series, except the colonies one.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I would play it online if I knew people.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

XIII Century Gold (PC game.....and that ain't "Politically Correct"!)

Product Description

The Gold Edition includes XIII: Death or Glory AND XIII Blood of Europe! Two awsome games for a great price! Death or Glory is an RTS game which immerses players in the Middle Ages. This is a world of noble nights and ruthless nomads, a world of courageous deeds and internal wars. As one of the famous military leaders of the 13th Century, gamers are able to test their steel against the neighboring nations and carve their names into history. Among the playable factions are the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans and the Kievan Rus' (Russians). The game consists of 5 campaigns which cover the most well-known battles of that period. Features include large scale battles, thousands of units, and offers players a chance to test their skills as military leaders in midieval Europe! Blood of Europe is the sequel to Death or Glory. Its 1233 AD and Alexander Nevsky, the famous defender of ancient Rus' western borders, is long gone. Having licked their wounds after the Battle on the Ice, knights of the Teutonic Order are again leading their iron wedges to Pskov, a gem of the Northern Rus'. They are out for easy prey and loot. Dovmont, Prince of Pskov, is destined to become a new hope of these lands. Prepare to join his armed forece to win fame worthy of the memory of the Grand Prince Alexander! Enjoy historical battles of the Middle Ages here and now. Dovmont will lead his troops against German and Livonian knights and blood of many fearless warriors will spill in the upcoming skirmishes, recreated with all the historical details.

Product Features
•   Wide array of tactics and strategies based on actual forces and armies of the thirteenth century
•   Genuine heraldry of European heraldry and chivalry
•   Over 60 historical characters, including Philip II Augustus, Frederick II of Hohenstaufen, Edward I, Alexander Nevsky, Daniil Galitsky, Simon de Montfort, and William Marshal
•   Dozens of unit types, including heavy knights, mounted and foot sergeants, archers, arbalesters, lance knights, darters, and warriors bearing axes, maces, and falchions
•   Accurate depiction of each nation's combat strengths - the French knights are unrivaled in mounted combat, the Welsh archers are experts at forest fighting, the Mongolian cavalry maneuvers with lightning speed, and the Italian arbalesters are the best shooters in Europe

http://www.amazon.com/XIII-Century-Gold-Pc/dp/B002E0JRK8

Baron Dacre

looks fun...

However, I tried the sword fighting in resort at a local Best Buy. I found myself using a "Hanging Guard" (which is my fall-to).

Of course this does me no good, because the programmers probably don't even know what that is... :o :o
Gregory Fiennes
10th Baron Dacre of the South
(Baron Dacre)