News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Myths and Legends of Rendezvous

Started by Lairde Guardn, May 27, 2008, 09:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lairde Guardn

I am sure that this thread has been needed for some time, and maybe we did have it before, but here is the place to start it over.    Now that the 3rd Rendevoux has taken place, we should remember to insert the year and place of the rendevoux story being told....

The rest is up to you all.......

So to start this

The year was 2008 at TNRF......

Watching the Ettes "Wench" Stephan..............Not really much to the story other than Stephan is wheelchair bound and severly medically challanged.   After a tumble from his chair and a bad stomach from trying to join with the group for a beer, the Ettes decided the young man needed a good wenching.......

Thank you so much, it was a great moment and he and his wife said later, that they had not had that much fun in a very long time.

Just a great Rendevoux moment and should also be in the random act of kindness top 10.

Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Scotsman

I can't confirm this .... but I heard 10 lads killed a keg of Guinness in 3.5 hours .... that must be some kind of record, wish I were there ...

*what*

... I was there? I can't seem to remember this for some reason ....  ??? ;D :o
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Quote from: Scotsman on May 27, 2008, 10:08:23 AM
I can't confirm this even thought I was there .... but I heard 10 lads killed a keg of Guinness in 3.5 hours .... that must be some kind of record, wish I were there ...

*what*

... I was there? I can't seem to remember this for some reason ....  ??? ;D :o

Darlin' the 10 didn't consist of just lads!   ;)
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Scotsman

Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lady Nicolette

Our Queen Bonnie Surprise.  And some Spam!  All of the renunions and new faces.  Squeaky Clean.  The Handfasting.  Lady Ettie standing as proxy for Syrilla.  Musical Men.  The Parking Lot Pub. Onca's song for me :'(.  "Health to the Company" at Chef Wang's.  LairdeG's new job as Maitre d'.  The 10-foot Pole.  Singing in the RainAissance. The Ends.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Molden

Escarlata and Leinad's Handfasting,  being honored to carry their ribbon.

Keeping Wenchie from crying during the Handfasting.

Wrecking take 2 of Escarlata's entrance for the videographer.

Surprises - Meeting LJ, Succubus, and Exy at Wal-Mart on arrival Friday morning, and Queen Bonnie at TNRF!

Musical Men...too much there!

Being in the same area as Mad Jack Wolfe an' Cap'n Dungeon Spleen - and the World not coming to an end as we know it!

Double-Barrell Geese (as in MORE than 1 goose!) for Athena an' Wenchie!!!

And screwing up ROYALLY and then getting to redeem myself.

And above all - MORE new friends to LOVE!!!  ;D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Pinn

It tok us that long to kill a keg??? we must be slipping
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Blue66669

The Legend of Conrad's Karaoke Bar.....*DOINK*.......The Lost Campsite......GOD SAVE THE BEER!!!

The list goes on and on and on...
Blaidd Drwg

Athena

Capt. Dungeon Spleen finally meeting his match in a very spirited little girl. YEE-HAW!

The M'Crack signs at the pub.

Sunday evening at Chef Wang's.

Taking refuge in Fiona's Fineries during the Monday afternoon deluge. Singing songs and sharing loki & mead in the rain, and finding out what two particular  pirates may or may not have under their kilts!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Molden

Wot? No mention o' the Double-Barrell Goose served t' Thee an' Wenchie Sat evening?  ;D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Welsh Wench

Give her time, darlin'....she's still traumatized!  ;D
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Peddlin

I would like to second Lairde Guard'n's thanks for Steven's wenching. He is my nephew-in-law, and he has been in declining health for several years, now. He is only 30 years old, and we don't have any idea how much longer he will be with us. I really don't think he has much fun anymore, but with us he could cut loose. He actually fell out of his wheelchair and puked in the trash can, and the crowd responded with enthusiam! Of course, it was pointed out the most of us have done the same, at one time or another, so no one was making fun of him. And in addition, I would very much like to say thank you to all of the lovely ladies who wenched Steven. For you to jump in there and do something like that for someone you don't even know, means so much to me. I know for a fact that it was one of the highlights of his life, and he will never forget it. I also understand that this is just the kind of people that you are, and I want you all to know how much I appreciate you. I feel so fortunate to have you all in my life. Thank you again.
Love always.
:-* Peddlin M'Crack
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Sir William Marcus

I was speaking with the liquor rep at TNRF on Sunday.  He told me that almost 70 kegs of beer were consumed on Saturday the 24th. He also informed me that with attendance #'s on Saturday ON the average kegs consumed are in the mid to high forties. 
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Scotsman

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on May 28, 2008, 09:18:08 AM
I was speaking with the liquor rep at TNRF on Sunday.  He told me that almost 70 kegs of beer were consumed on Saturday the 24th. He also informed me that with attendance #'s on Saturday ON the average kegs consumed are in the mid to high forties. 

Just tell him your welcome from me ... just my way of stimulating the local economy  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Athena

Quote from: Molden on May 28, 2008, 06:37:20 AM
Wot? No mention o' the Double-Barrell Goose served t' Thee an' Wenchie Sat evening?  ;D

I'm still suffering from the aftershocks!  :o :P

Oh, and how could I forget Blue's illigitimate children? And the wenching of Willa & Anita's dad!

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb