News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Celtic Fling 2008

Started by Scotsman, May 27, 2008, 10:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordwriothsley

Your majesty,
I could never take the place of your Champion Knight, for he is your champion as i am just a faithful young lord my good Queen.For we do hope that we have not offended your good Sir Oswyn Dagworth.If we have you good Sir then I do offer my humble apologies upon thee.It is just that in sueth I be a single young lad and have been so for quite some time and I am kind of embarassed to be the only single young in such a fine Clan as the M'Cracks.That is a secret that I do not share with many people so I am asking  you my Good Queen Anne as well the rest of this fine Clan not to look upon me any different.That is just a side of my life that i am ashamed to share if you do know what I mean.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: lordwriothsley on June 07, 2008, 03:11:32 PM
Your majesty,
I could never take the place of your Champion Knight, for he is your champion as i am just a faithful young lord my good Queen.For we do hope that we have not offended your good Sir Oswyn Dagworth.If we have you good Sir then I do offer my humble apologies upon thee.It is just that in sueth I be a single young lad and have been so for quite some time and I am kind of embarassed to be the only single young in such a fine Clan as the M'Cracks.That is a secret that I do not share with many people so I am asking  you my Good Queen Anne as well the rest of this fine Clan not to look upon me any different.That is just a side of my life that i am ashamed to share if you do know what I mean.

Oh good Sir.........methinks my Champion would be most pleased that a young Lord such as yourself is present to assist him in the protection of his Queen. It is an arduous task at best for my good Knight, so I believe he will welcome the help.

As for being the only single gentleman in our fine Clan........you couldn't be further from the truth. There are many single lads in our Clan. So be not embarrassed Milord. Tis nothing to be embarrassed about - we shall look at you as you, nothing more, nothing less - and your marital status will never be held against you - or anyone.

Speaking of your Queen Bess........we shall endeavor to keep your pledge from her ears. However be it known that your lovely Queen and myself have met many times and are in fact considered friends. Therefore I do not think she would be averse to loaning her most loyal subject Lord Wriothsley to a visiting Queen for a day!

sir oswyn dagworth

Lord Wriothsley,

Your allegiance is most appreciated. Should I find myself in need of a spell I shall accept your offer.
Smack'n M"Crack
Oculus Nox Clan O'Patrick
Prince Oswyn Dagworth consort to Anne Queen of Denmark

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: sir oswyn dagworth on June 07, 2008, 03:33:00 PM
Lord Wriothsley,

Your allegiance is most appreciated. Should I find myself in need of a spell I shall accept your offer.

See? I knew that would be his response  ;)

Caria

I'll be attending the fling for only one day, though as of yet I don't know which day I'll be there. It depends on Conrad Killigan's work schedule as he will be taking the ride with me (so you can put him on the list as well). I'm also hoping to bring FF up with me as well, keep your fingers crossed that her schedule works out so she can enjoy the festivities as well!
Devil with the Angel Eyes
Navigatrix of the Bayou Scoundrel's

Lady de la Warr

Oh I so hope you can make it on Saturday Caria! It would be lovely to see you!

JeannieMac

I will be there for some of Saturday, although with most of my normal season crew.  Like I said on the last post about PARF-season - I don't think I know any of you or vice-versa.
Jean :)
from DE

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: JeannieMac on June 15, 2008, 03:59:39 PM
I will be there for some of Saturday, although with most of my normal season crew.  Like I said on the last post about PARF-season - I don't think I know any of you or vice-versa.

And as I said in my post about PARF-season, please be sure to seek us out. We'd all be very happy to meet you!

Scotsman

Saturday weather:

Hot as hell with a chance of showers to cool us down ... sounds good to me! Bring it on baby!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

McGuinness

Just keep your fingers crossed that it stays showers...the faire will shut an event down if there's a threat of lightning strikes. It happened a couple years ago at the Fling and its been known to shorten faire days also. They'll be watching the forecasts like hawks, I'm sure, but don't be surprised if you see lightning in the distance and then start hearing the announcements that the rest of theday's events are cancelled.

Otherwise, I'll see everyone there! I'm at least going on Saturday with some family and I might be working at the Bacchus wine sampling station on Sunday. Have fun and stay safe!

lordwriothsley

Okay Scotsman when you say Hot as Hell do you mean triple digit hot or high 90's hot?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Scotsman

Quote from: lordwriothsley on June 27, 2008, 07:12:20 AM
Okay Scotsman when you say Hot as Hell do you mean triple digit hot or high 90's hot?

94ish, but I believe the heat index is expected to be higher ...

Colleen, I sure hope they don't kick us out. The only other time I was kicked out of a faire was PARF during Ernesto in 2006? I believe. What a storm and in my opinion a great day for faire.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

JeannieMac

Jean :)
from DE

The Amadan

Met up with some friends from BoTK, there.
Heres a few pix: (click on image for slideshow)

The Amadan
BoTK #97
Founder: Loyal Order of Lemmings
Laird Protector of Sarcasm, Clan Ootland
Generally Silly Man

Scotsman

Another Fling in the books! What a great time ...

However brief - it was good to see you Colleen!

We came, we saw ... we drank!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56