News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Empty Hats WILL NOT be at BARF this Year!

Started by Celtic_Fae, December 10, 2009, 06:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic_Fae

Empty Hats has been *turned down* for a contract at the 2010 Bay Area Renaissance festival. It is now up to the fans to see if management will change their minds. Fans, if you love Empty Hats and they are an important part of your Bay Area Renaissance Festival experience, call and write to the faire letting them know how disappointed you are that Empty Hats will not be at BARF this year! After researching, this is THE number to call, fans: 612-332-5600

Squire Mickey

While I know that I am going to seem the devil here for asking, but...

Haven't we been here before? I mean this was the same thing as last year wasn't it? Do they just not like Empty Hats or is there some other deeper seated issue here?
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Celtic_Fae

Last year, Empty Hats hadn't been told one way or the other. THIS year, however, they have been blatantly turned down for a contract, with the economy cited as the reason.

Squire Mickey

So it was that they are too expensive for the fair this year? Sorry, just trying to understand before I make any calls. As I am also very much feeling the effects of the economy, I want to know what I am throwing my voice behind.
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Celtic_Fae

People were asked to call to show support IF they supported the band Empty Hats and would miss them at BARF 2010. No other reason. This was only intended to inform those who may share a common interest of what has recently happened with BARF and the band Empty Hats, since there was such overwhelming (and successful!) support last year, and it didn't cost anyone anything other than a bit of their time.

The rumors over greed and pleas for more money stemmed from a venture begun by a rather over-exuberant but well-meaning playtron trying to get more money for the band, himself. This was in NO way condoned by the band as a group or singularly. Everyone received a pay cut last year at faire, no gains were made. Empty Hats did not "almost get refused for a contract" last year because they "were holding out for more money". This year they have been openly turned down for a contract---with no chance to negotiate whatsoever.

Squire Mickey

Thanks for the update and clarification...

It would be a pretty big hole for them to fill as they have a very large following!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Count Adolfo

~deleted~

I had originally commented here but it has been brought to my attention that certain people are spreading lies, twisting words and trying to make it look like I am somehow influencing the outcome of this situation.  I find it laughable and will not dignify it with any fuel here.
I SHALL be happy to enlighten anyone who wishes to know the details privately.  In the meantime, I am refraining from even addressing this further.
If you hear anyone talking about me in regards to this... please tell them to get a life?
Thanks