News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Favorite PARF 2009 Memory

Started by BubbleWright, December 12, 2009, 10:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

My favorite memory still has to be what I reported in the post God Save The Queen...
QuoteBesides the set pieces the Queen does, such as Queen's Court and Finale in Song, she also moves about the Shire to meet and greet Her people. She came upon four persons in wheel chairs, all of extremely limited mental capacity. These were people most others would shun and avoid looking upon. In another time they might have been left to die after being born. But Good Queen Bess crouched down in front of each of them to catch their attention, held their hand, and spoke to them as if they were best friends. This was not an actress playing a part but Kelly reaching out with great compassion and kindness to a less endowed human being. I'm sure at some level Kelly touched their spirit. This is the most extraordinary happening I have ever witnessed in all my years of attending RenFaires . I was humbled and edified. What left to say except "God Save The Queen... and Bless Kelly Morris!!!!"
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery