News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Magical Masqurade

Started by Adriana Rose, December 18, 2009, 03:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoë

Quote from: Baron on January 06, 2010, 10:08:08 PM
Zoe, are you implying that this is a clothing-optional venue?

Well, I have a feeling that there will be a few people there who wouldn't care either way.

Quote from: Radu the Gypsy on January 07, 2010, 08:06:04 AM
Fritzie, just remember that if they are using the upstairs space, your wings should have PLENTY of room.

Quite true.  Fritzie's wings are generally not very crowd-friendly, but then again there's no hurt in bringing them and scoping out the space first before putting them on. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Radu the Gypsy

Just get a bullyboy or two to act as *cough* wingman for you.

Zoë

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Norfolk

Sound to me as if Radu might be volunteering for the job!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Radu the Gypsy

Yea, I'll knock people out of the way with my drum. 

Zoë

Quote from: Baron on January 07, 2010, 04:26:04 PM
Sound to me as if Radu might be volunteering for the job!

So will we see you and the Baroness there tonight?
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Norfolk

Alas, no.  The Baroness is not feeling well.  Sigh.

Tanda

Got Saturday night off, didn't think about Sunday morning. I have a 5 am day at work tomorrow.  :'(
No masq for me.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Mistress Charlotte

Ya"ll have fun tonight!!  Tell us all about it!
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Norfolk

When those of you who attended this ... function have recovered sufficiently, we would appreciate a report.   :)

Radu the Gypsy

Decent turn out, not too sparse, not to crowded.  Not a whole lot of vendors sadly.  The primary band, Tuatha, was quite good, though I'm of the opinion that they are one of those bands that created fantastic music but need to eliminate their lyrics (They kinda distract, and honestly dont add anything to the performance).  There were a few good costumes, though not many.  Far too many pirates at a Faerie ball.

Zoë

[shamelessplug]  I have nothing bad to say about Tuatha because they're one of my favorite bands, but I will say that I think their performance suffered due to a poor sound crew.  They sounded so much better at the solstice celebration last month. [/shamelessplug]

I took no pictures myself because I was dancing most of the evening, but I know there will be lots floating around soon.  I agree that there were not many costumes--more "attempts" at costumes than anything, but I suppose it's the thought that counts.  Could have done for a few more rennies in attendance to spice things up. 

Oh yeah, and yours truly won the costume contest.  :)  
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Demetrius

Quote from: Zoë on January 10, 2010, 05:40:34 PM
[shamelessplug]  I have nothing bad to say about Tuatha because they're one of my favorite bands, but I will say that I think their performance suffered due to a poor sound crew.  They sounded so much better at the solstice celebration last month. [/shamelessplug]

I took no pictures myself because I was dancing most of the evening, but I know there will be lots floating around soon.  I agree that there were not many costumes--more "attempts" at costumes than anything, but I suppose it's the thought that counts.  Could have done for a few more rennies in attendance to spice things up. 

Oh yeah, and yours truly won the costume contest.  :)  

Pirates?!  Should have known...

Huzzah for the costume contest!!

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Norfolk

"Oh yeah, and yours truly won the costume contest."

Huzzah, indeed!  Well done, my dear!  Was it Fritzie that took the prize?

Will this be an annual event, and if so, would noble garb be appropriate?

Zoë

Indeed it was!  She was dressed in her winter wear - the flight gets cold in the wintertime.  As soon as I can locate some photos I will post them.

And I do believe this is an annual event.  One of the arrangers mentioned to me something about an event of a similar kind happening in June.  And yes, I would say noble garb would be acceptable.  There were a few people there in more ren-propriate garb, so you certainly would not be alone!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy