News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Scarby Web Site?

Started by Love Good Wood, March 25, 2010, 09:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kett

I like the new site. The navigation windows are easier to navigate - I always felt like I was "chasing" the old ones!

I miss the website links on the vendor names though. I hope that comes back!

lilaney

I am not liking the 'scrolling' menu that chases you down the page, while trying to
read the page itself.. I can't see around it.
The new site is less 'busy' and I am sure they are not done with it yet.

I like the new festival map, much more accurate.. but, where's the Maypole?

Casche

Is it just me, or is there no SAPA cast list on the new site?  That's disappointing...

Ronald the Bald

Those who see the old site, but not the new one please make sure you are looking at the new address. It changed. www.srfestival.com I think.

SirRichardBear

Lilaney had the same problem on my work computer with an old version of explorer but at home on an updated version no problem.  Not sure if they fixed it or it is a version problem  but I'm happy to see HC&M lecture is on the schedule and at our normal time and spot.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Bonny Pearl

the link must not have been updated when i looked.  i was at the office and googled the site then.  i see the new site now.  off to peruse.  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Al-Nimer

Quote from: Casche on April 01, 2010, 12:27:42 PM
Is it just me, or is there no SAPA cast list on the new site?  That's disappointing...
You can still get to the old list here:  http://www.scarboroughrenfest.com/entert/cast.htm

I did a Google search for the old site, clicked on the cache link and it took me to the old site, where you can get to the old pages.  ;D
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Al-Nimer

Quote from: Lady Kett on April 01, 2010, 09:21:07 AM
I like the new site. The navigation windows are easier to navigate - I always felt like I was "chasing" the old ones!

I miss the website links on the vendor names though. I hope that comes back!

It's still there on the old site here.

I agree, we really need a complete list (all vendors on one page) with links back to their web sites.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Nicolas-Antoine

I personally didn't care for the old site from a "paytron" stance. Way to much scrolling and looking around for things.

Your average user (aka paytron) hates clicking and scrolling to find something. The new site is much improved and looks designed to serve it's purpose... which is to attract paytons and get them information they need quickly and easily so they will some spend money at the faire. Best practices in a website design is the 3 click rule. "Users of a site will become frustrated and often leave if they cannot find the information within the three clicks".

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess