News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hats Question

Started by LadyKerridwen, May 27, 2008, 01:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyKerridwen

So in the last week or two i came across the most amazing webpage of somebody who makes hats.
I remember that they did the crown/tiara/whatever for Queen Elizabeth at the Southern California Pleasure Festival, but for the life of me...I cant find the bookmark or remember how the heck i came across the page.....grrr rawr!!!

So if anybody knows of whome I'm speaking if you could post the linkage....Id be estatic!!!

Thank you :)

FaireMare

Where are the Link Goddesses when you need them?

Mi Lady, I might suggest that you post over in the SOCal section as well. 

LadyOren

Sorry I can't be of much help at this time, I'm in a hotel in Indy, killing time before a theater fitting using the hotel guest computers, I so need a laptop.    Let's see, try www.audreycarol.com   and I believe in the Merchant section there is a forum member Calisto that makes beautiful head pieces.  Good luck with your search.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

gem

Well, I tried looking on the SoCal Pleasure Fair website, but couldn't find a photo of the character you described, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for.  What you described doesn't sound like any of the hat merchants I'm personally familiar with, but perhaps some of these links might help:

Crown & Feather

Kat's Hats

Margaret Roe Designs

Custom Heraldic Designs

Fyne Hats by Felicity (this milliner has come highly recommended to me, but I can't find any pictures of her work, unfortunately!)

Baroness Doune

Was it one of these hats?

Gay Lyn Kirkpatrick has retired from her role as QE after the end of the faire last year, so that may be why there is no pictures of her on this year's website.

FaireMare

This lady did the hats for the New Queen.