News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hoggetowne Medieval Faire 2010

Started by Ditzy Gypsy, December 25, 2009, 01:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditzy Gypsy

Greetings!
Are any of you going to the 24th Annual Hoggetowne Medieval Faire? This will be my first time attending, and my first time going to a faire as a performer!  :o I'll be dancing with the Sahnobar Gypsies this year. I'm a little shy, I'll admit, but I'd love to meet some of my fellow R/Fers. So, just look out for the ditzy blonde gypsy, lol.

I've been going to BARF as a playtron for several years now, so if any of you also have gone to that faire you might have seen me around, I know several of the member profile pics from last year's Hoggetown thread looked familiar.  :)

Hugs & Shimmies,
-PG

Celtic_Fae

Can't wait to see you. Sahnobar is a great troupe! Shared a stage with them at Hoggetowne last year; they were always very nice. I'll be hanging around with Empty Hats this year, so please do stop by and say hello, especially if we're sharing a stage again! I'll see if I can find you as well.  :)

Ditzy Gypsy

That's great! Hopefully we'll share a stage again with you folks.  ;D ;D ;D

*gasp* I love Empty Hats. I bought one of their cds at BARF last year because their song "Beggars to God" made my boyfriend and I get all misty eyed. For the first dozen or so times I played through the cd in my car it had the same effect. And Loony Lucy's version of "Mad Tom O'Bedlam" is just awesome. :)

Celtic_Fae

Just checked the schedule...looks like we're all at the Gypsy Camp again this year.  ;D

Ditzy Gypsy

Celtic_Fae

Make sure to also check out Paolo Garbanzo (Paul Hudert). He used to do BARF, but now he is an act unique only to Hoggetowne when it comes to faire in FL (though he is doing Ft. Myers this year).

Squire Mickey

Congrats on the gig! We will surely stop by to see you perform.

There will be a strong contingent of the Harbinger Crew at the fair each weekend. As well we will be unveiling our Dunedain Ranger company, so you should have no trouble spotting us!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

renfairenewb

We plan on going to Hoggetowne but on the following weekend. Sorry to miss your performance.  Does anyone know if Albanach is playing there again this year?

Celtic_Fae

Quote from: renfairenewb on January 12, 2010, 12:26:12 PM
We plan on going to Hoggetowne but on the following weekend. Sorry to miss your performance.  Does anyone know if Albanach is playing there again this year?

They are.

renfairenewb

Celtic_Fae

You're welcome. Hoggetowne's got a great line-up this year. Wish Johnny Phoenix was going to be there, but I can also understand that the faire management has to play politics with the city if they're going to remain open.

The schedule can be found here by the way.

Squire Mickey

ALL RIGHT!

Man that looks to be a lot of fun!!!!!

See ya all there!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Ditzy Gypsy

Quote from: renfairenewb on January 12, 2010, 12:26:12 PM
We plan on going to Hoggetowne but on the following weekend. Sorry to miss your performance.  Does anyone know if Albanach is playing there again this year?

Yep, they will be there. It will be my first time seeing them.

We rehearsed this weekend with the musicians, I think you all will love the show. :)

And don't worry, I'll be hard to miss. We have 5 shows a day Saturday & Sunday on BOTH weekends, not to mention the meet & greet, parades and so fourth that Mama Karena has us doing. :) I will not be in pink though, but purple and teal green, hehe. With all the jingly coins and zills, you'll hear us coming from across the faire, lol.

I finally have a gypsy name to. I'm Raziya, the ditzy gypsy. :)

Lady Rebecca

Is it worth it to drive over 2 hours to this faire? Or do I just wait and go to BARF (which I'm planning to do anyway). I've never been to either.

Celtic_Fae

Call me biased, but out of the smaller, 1-2 weekend festivals you could go to in FL, this is the nicest.