News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

(sort of) New Boots!

Started by TheMightyMcClaw, December 26, 2009, 11:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMightyMcClaw

So some many moons ago, I got a pair of knee-high pirate/cavalier/whathaveyou boots from Pleaser. These guys:

They really weren't the best.
A couple days ago, I decided that I needed to spice them up a bit. And what better way to spice them up than to add a whole bunch of straps and buckles?

Tetsuya Nomura would be proud.
There's a series of belt loops riveted onto the back of the calf that hold the straps in place. All of the leather for said loops and straps came from a load of belts I bought for cheap at the Salvation Army a while back, cut to size and redyed.
In order to get them to better match my ren faire armor, I'm in the midst of making a pair of scale-mail greaves to attach to the fronts of them. I'll have pics of those, too, when I'm done. ^_~

Deckard And Zhora

Very cool! I love taking something and with a little bit of money making it into something fabulous!

Auryn

very awesome,
glad you could breathe new life into them.
They look great
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec