News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

365 in 2010

Started by renfairephotog, December 27, 2009, 10:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

Well it's almost new years and time for resolutions. If you got a new camera for Christmas or want to practice shoot try a 365 blog. The goal is to shoot at least one photo every day for a year. Then post it online. you don't have to post every day but if you post often you'll prevent a back log of work.

A few Rfers attempted this during 2009. DB is about to complete his. and mine will be finished in early January. Does anyone want to try one for 2010?
RF'ers 365 blogs

DeadBishop
Renfairephotog

and before it is asked. Will I do a 365 in the new year?
Not this year. I learned a lot for my 2009 project but have another project for 2010. It's the tenth season of my ren faire site so I've added a blog to the site. So during the year I'll  write on each faire year and do then and now photos from faire.

http://renfairepictorial.wordpress.com/

what you will need.

• at least one camera
  • photo hosting site like flickr or photobucket
  • Blog account at live journal, blogger, wordpress.

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Merlin

Where does one post this blog?
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

DeadBishop

I've been using LiveJournal to post my 365 blog.  You're not limited to any one site.  Any blogging site will work if you want to do a similar project. 

R/F.com member since 2003

Merlin

Thanks DB.... I seriously want to try this.

Merlin

I looked at DB-A-Day and I know that I am nowhere near the photographer he is...or anyone for that matter but my idea for my 365 is a bit different.
It's about me.
I know.... "and why shouldn't it be Mr. Narcissist"
I'm really not...but I thought it would be fun to look back on and surely something my kids may want to look back on in 40 years is just a pic a day of dad.
Sure...some pics will be nice...some will seem stupid.... but it will challenge me.... every day and I love challenges.
In the past I have given up red meat for a year, given up all mammels for a year, ice cream, soda, candy, all for over a year..... BEER for over a year.... ANY ALCOHOL for over a year..... so this year long challenge interests me.
I love testing my will and I have to say...this seems like a good one.
Can I take a picture of myself every day... doing something different...in a different place...for a year?

I took the first step and set up a live journal and a folder on my  750 gig storage book.

I don't have confidence though.... and it's THAT that drives me to do this.

lys1022

On Pbase, it is called a PAD (Photo a Day), and it is a common challenge for people to undertake.  Mine is more of a "Photo When I Can", though I'm going to try and be more consistent with it in 2010.

I highly recommend that even if you don't have a Pbase account, you go and check out the PAD galleries.  There's some amazing stuff there.   You may consider getting a Pbase account because there are lots of challenge opportunities on the forums there.  Monthly challenges, themed challenges, lots of things to get you thinking about how you approach your photography.

If you pop on by, see you there! 

(Oh, yeah, if you want to see my galleries, I have the same username there as I have here.)
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

renfairephotog

I search for other 365 blog when I started mine. A real neat one is Dan Hanna's Aging project.
http://www.danhanna.com/aging_project/p.html

http://blog.ollure.com/?p=34
Fairy photographer

Manwariel

I might go for one or two a week this year. I started out doing one a day last year and kept it up for a while but with everyone else I have to do it sank in priorities, but a friend is doing one a week so I might join her.

DeadBishop

Quote from: Merlin on December 28, 2009, 03:45:48 PM
I looked at DB-A-Day and I know that I am nowhere near the photographer he is...or anyone for that matter but my idea for my 365 is a bit different.
It's about me.
I know.... "and why shouldn't it be Mr. Narcissist"
I'm really not...but I thought it would be fun to look back on and surely something my kids may want to look back on in 40 years is just a pic a day of dad.
Sure...some pics will be nice...some will seem stupid.... but it will challenge me.... every day and I love challenges.
In the past I have given up red meat for a year, given up all mammels for a year, ice cream, soda, candy, all for over a year..... BEER for over a year.... ANY ALCOHOL for over a year..... so this year long challenge interests me.
I love testing my will and I have to say...this seems like a good one.
Can I take a picture of myself every day... doing something different...in a different place...for a year?

I took the first step and set up a live journal and a folder on my  750 gig storage book.

I don't have confidence though.... and it's THAT that drives me to do this.

Go for it.  It's more common than you think, though.  I've seen quite a few PAD projects where the photographers only take photos of themselves. 

R/F.com member since 2003

renfairephotog

Here is a grouo that did  a 365  for 2009. They had a set list of themes to fill during the year. For 2010 they are doing a virtual photowalk. Not a full blown 365 but each month they''l post 15 themes for inspiration.
Fairy photographer

Merlin

renfairephotog

Great. There are times it'll be fun and times it'll be a pain. But keep to it and ext year you'll have a fun project to look back on the year.
Fairy photographer

Merlin

I am seriously going to try.... I'm going to Vegas, New York, L.A. and most likely some other good places for cool photos this year....
Thanks for mentioning this.

*fingers crossed*

Manwariel

I'm going to use the same blog I did last year - http://manwariel365.wordpress.com/

Merlin

I made the first week ! !
Just 52 more to go.

http://scottroland.livejournal.com/