News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Doll Thread (As promised!)

Started by Lady Rosalind, December 28, 2009, 11:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

Found a neat blog today from someone doing some period doll costuming:

http://adournements.com/blog/?cat=6

GirlChris

Sempstress (one of my FAVOURITE costuming and sewing blogs EVER) has recently created a set of fashion doll patterns: one with legs, one with a straight solid base and one with a flared base so you don't need a hoop skirt. The patterns are available to download for a small cost here She also has a pattern for wench wear and she has instructions on pattern drafting throughout her site. Check it out!

ladylissame

Now I really need to get the patterns so I can make my baby a doll

gem

More Stunning Doll Eye Candy!!

I just found out that the mom of one of my needlework buddies has a historical costuming business for dolls! Check this out:

With TONS more pix (including some in dollhouses) on her website: Costume Cavalcade

Kate XXXXXX

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Ditto, gem!!

I just bookmarked this site for ideas of some dolls I want to do. I wonder if this creative person made her own patterns? They look similar to Lynn's.

I plan, perhaps over the Winter, to make an Anne Boleyn doll for my friend for whom I did thPelican Portrait gown. i have been wanting to do a series of Tudor dolls and then market the clothing patterns. So many ideas, so little time.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Silly me did not go to bed until 3am this morning. I was on the Internet, eBay, and found a lovely 19" Porcelain Doll already in a  Renaissance styled costume that will be perfect for the Anne Boleyn I want to do. So I bought the dark haired doll for $25, plus shipping. It should arrive within 2 weeks.

I have tons of Black Velveteen, contrast fabrics, beads, pearls, etc. I already have replicated the French Hood for a VMS client 3 years ago. I will use the Tudor Tailor book as a guide to make the pattern to fit the doll. I plan to find more dolls to create the Six Wives of Henry VIII and compete them in the future. The Anne Boleyn Doll will be for Jeannine. A one of a kind that no one else will have.

I will be sure to post a BEFORE photo of the Doll before I take the costume all apart.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Porcelain Doll I ordered from eBay arrived today. It was as i expected it to be. Lovely and perfect to recostume as Anne Boelyn. The costume it has on now is not all that bad. I will use it as a basis to draft the Tudor gown and accessories based on adult patterns to the Doll's mesurements.

LO and BEHOLD!!!  I found another 19" Porecealin Doll on eBay for $18. Dark hair that I can restyle to be Katherine Parr

gem

Stumbled across more wonderful costumed dolls today! She even provides *patterns* for her designs.

http://www.molendrix.com/galerie1.html

Check these out:
Eowyn
http://www.molendrix.com/shield1.html

And this completely spectacular Tudor ensemble, built from the stays up:

http://www.molendrix.com/Clemence1.html

Lady Kett

Those are ADORABLE Gem! Who is it that has the Cosplay Kaylee floofy dress....Cap'n Faye Cutter? She (or if it's not Cap'n Faye, whoever it is!) needs that doll!!!! And the boots on Galadriel are sooooo precious!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Very cool links, gem!

I was impressed with the  Miniature Gabled Hood. I will be challanged to make a pattrn for one when I do the Jane Seymour doll.

Which is why the 3 year project for me to do the 6 wives of Henry VIII will be fun. With all that I have coming up for the rest of this year and into next already on the schedule, it will take me 3 years in my spare time to do all 6 dolls.

Serenity

Quote from: gem on May 16, 2011, 02:17:55 PM
More Stunning Doll Eye Candy!!

I just found out that the mom of one of my needlework buddies has a historical costuming business for dolls! Check this out:

With TONS more pix (including some in dollhouses) on her website: Costume Cavalcade

She has a Dr. Who doll on there.  So want! 

She is amazing.  Not only does she do historical, but if you send her a picture, she can make one like you, your daughter, son, etc.  Could be a really interesting Christmas present.   ;D
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

NoBill Lurker

Love the Firefly dolls...she even made Kaylee's wedding cake dress!
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I have a bid on this doll on eBay from the Franklin Mint. Starting bid is $9.99 with 6 hours left to the Auction. This 19" doll will be perfect for Catherine Howard.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted