News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Riverdale Kiwanis 2010 MEDIEVAL FAIRE

Started by Squire Mickey, December 29, 2009, 09:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squire Mickey

Just stumbled upon this one.

Anyone planning on attending?

Jan 16-17 & 23-24.

The website is, shall we say, lacking. I am debating vending as well as attending. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Squire Mickey

Also, if anyone has any pictures from past years I would love to see them.

I seem to recall Count Adalfo saying something about there being no trees...
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Squire Mickey

Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Anna Iram

This is a really nice little faire Mickey, and you'll find a good many of our BARF cast and performers there. At least that was so when I was there the season before last.

I have a friend visiting from out of town that week, and I don't think I'll be able to make it. Maybe though....

Hector

Mickey, I do plan on being there at least Saturday.
-

Escarlata

Our pictures from 2008 are at 2008 Ft Myers Faire in Photobucket. It's a small faire but a lot of fun.

We're looking at the second Saturday (1/23)
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Escarlata

Bumping this up since opening weekend is right around the corner.

Did plans firm up for anyone? Our plan is still for the 23rd. The first weekend is out for us as we have a pet under medical care (nothing serious, being neutered Friday).
Esc be no lady!

Anna Iram

Nothing serious for *you* maybe.... :o :D

I might possibly make a trip down the 24th, though I'm also looking at making a long run for the Miami faire. Then again I could still make a half day trip this Sunday. Sorry I can't give anything more than that. Either way it will be Sundays for me most of faire season.

Mickey, did you decide on being a vendor?

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Anna Iram on January 10, 2010, 07:15:13 PM
Nothing serious for *you* maybe.... :o :D

I might possibly make a trip down the 24th, though I'm also looking at making a long run for the Miami faire. Then again I could still make a half day trip this Sunday. Sorry I can't give anything more than that. Either way it will be Sundays for me most of faire season.

Mickey, did you decide on being a vendor?

Nope. No vending for me. I am slammed with custom orders right now. BARF is a maybe, but looking doubtful as they have just decided to bring in 3 out of state leather vendors ahead of us. So, will likely not be allowed in. Just about what I expected.

I am planning on being there next Saturday for sure and possibly the following Saturday if things work out.
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

renfairenewb

we plan to be there one of the weekends.  Is it comparable in size to Lady of the Lakes Faire?

Escarlata

I wasn't there last year but, if memory of the previous year serves correctly, I'd say Ft Myers is about the same size or a little smaller than Lady of the Lakes.
Esc be no lady!

Knight

Mickey, I am planning to attend on the 16th with two others.  I'd love to meet you if you will be there that day.  I also hope the rain stays away!  Hope to see you there.

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Knight on January 14, 2010, 11:54:02 AM
Mickey, I am planning to attend on the 16th with two others.  I'd love to meet you if you will be there that day.  I also hope the rain stays away!  Hope to see you there.

I will be there. Have we met before? Lets meet up at least...
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Squire Mickey

Well, I guess this is a good time to call roll for Saturday...

Mickey is in with
Dredmor
Mordred

Seamus is a possibly...
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Knight

Mickey, we most likely have met, or at least you have seen me as I wear a Scale Maille vest with a shield inlay.  This is my 1st year in full garb though.  I have to say I used to look quite goofy but loved every minute of it!  Knight -)---

Squire Mickey

Nice to see everyone this past Saturday!

For those who are thinking of going next weekend, you should. It was a very nice fair,. It is on the smaller side but has a great cast...
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran