News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I'm putting together a community Renaissance Faire. Cany anyone help please?

Started by ++King of the Pirates++, December 30, 2009, 08:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

++King of the Pirates++

Okay. So we had our first community Renaissance Faire at the library last year and it was held inside.
The other day I was walking by the creek that runs along the property. The creek bends and goes up the side of the library and in that bend there are several trees that form a circle. I was looking around at this patch of land thinking how beautiful it would be in the springtime when the grass is greening up and the flowers are blooming and the trees are leafing out. My father told me "If you truly love this, if putting on this faire is your passion, then nurture and make it grow, move it outdoors and get the whole community involved". So that is what I'm doing. This patch of land is grassy, with many trees and the creek. It would be lovely for the event. Were having it the first weekend in April.

Here are some events we have planned so far:

-Masquerade mask making
-Fairy crown making
-Face Painting
-Make-a-wish inside the "faery ring".
-Maypole dancing
-Contest
-Shakespeare skits(?)
-Renaissance Jewelry Making(?)
-Music - Harp Player(?)
-Etc.

Like I said it's not big yet because it's only our 2nd year doing this. It takes place on an acre and a half of land. So that's how big it is for those need to know before they can help.

So what do you guys think so far? Ideas and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Garrett P. aka Jack Avery, Captain of the Sea Angel
"When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears its people-there is liberty"

Tammy

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

++King of the Pirates++

Quote from: Tammy on December 30, 2009, 11:56:48 AM
Where are you wanting to put this together at? City, State?

Courtland, VA.

People in this area focus too much on the civil war. I say it's time to think outside of the box.
"When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears its people-there is liberty"

Tammy

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.