News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2010 Sewing & Garbing Projects

Started by gem, January 01, 2010, 10:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaywardWench

This is easy. I am a total procrastinator. I can take my 2009 list and just change the date. List done. See you in 2011, with the same list. Eek, I hope not.

I did complete (to a wearable state) my kirtle, sleeves and corded petticoat. The kirtle is a tad large. The petticoat needs the waistband finished.
2010 (previously known as 2009) To Do List

To Do Garb

-Oatmeal Kirtle A kirtle of oatmeal linen embroidered all over in leaves and stems of the same color. Trimmed in olive raw and dupioni silk. Spiral laced on each side.
Finish and adjust
- trim band
- closure/pockets on skirt

Next on Deck
-pink flower chemise - It cut and partially sewn.
-tangerine dupioni corded petticoat
-Italian camica
-Venetian Courtesan
-Italian partlet
-test doublet - cut, waiting sewing
-blue petticoat/skirt
-Natural-blue linen doublet
-blue linen bodice
-effigy corset
-middles farthingale
-red silk gentry/gold linen
-Tudor overpartlet
-copper silk/black velvet gentry
-harbor mistress
-black sun forepart/sleeves

NicoleBridget

Ambitious (and unrealisitc) as ever:

Drawstring linen chemise and bloomers
Bumroll
Corset
Hoopskirt with ruffles
Re-do navy Elizabethan gown
Black and gold Tudor
Re-do light blue Elizabethan
Re-do Tudor wedding gown
Make my friend a gown
Make my hubby an ensemble

Between my job and LIFE in general I should have the above mentioned projects completed...oh...say...

DragonWing

Okay mine is ;

1  Short doublet for me
2  Shirt
3  pants
4  Long doublet for my lord.
5  shirt also for him
6  pants for him
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Imestra

Remarkably short and completely realistic list;

1) Knee length trews for hubby.
  fabric & pattern in hand
2) New blue skirt, pleated.
 current is gathered, wanting knife or box pleat

Yes, yes, yes!
   So here it is, late in April, and half the list is complete.  Woo - Hoo!
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Aunty Lou

Want a few things, but not much in the way of sewing projects...

Middle-class gown, possibly middle German, if I can find the right
                      pictures to crib design from...  I would prefer not to have hoops.

Linen coif, embroidered, to go under hat

Hat, Germanic  not Landschnecken...

New shirt, linen, blackwork...

Yeah, I don't choose easy things.

Genievea Brookstone

Green , Black and Natural Linen ordered for the Ranger's and my garb.  Tomorrow will be working on the Sleeves for the gray fitted gown and hopefully if all goes well get the skirt at least pleated.
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

gem

If Genievea's working on stuff, then I'd better be, too! :D

Actually got quite a bit done today.  This afternoon did a test for the front section of the corded Simplicity corset, and I think that's going to work fine.  Tomorrow I'll mark channels on the real front pieces, and try a test of cording closed channels (it will require a new tool, or at least a new approach). 

Tonight made a tentative pivot & slash alteration to the Gimli tunic pattern (pending Kate's approval), and if I'm on the right track, I'll finish that up tomorrow and maybe cut a new mockup.

...And then there was the Cursed E-collar Project.  I'm making my dogs a soft e-collar (one just had dental surgery and another one has an injured ear), and it just. Will. Not. Cooperate. It vexeth me sorely.  I've made one before, and this one went together brilliantly until I tried to bind it.  I've pinned the binding on three times and sewn it on twice, and something goes horribly wrong each time.  I *may* have another go at it tomorrow, but after that, I quit.  Forsooth.

Imestra

The Long & Fanciful, If-I-find-the-dollars-and-when-will-there-be-time List.

1) Robin Hood style hat for my rogue
2) Set of trews for my 15-year old son
3) Tunic for the boy's friend, Tristan, with his family emblem, which is a smithy's hammer.
4) More embroidery on the midieval bonnet.
5) Totally JFF bodice & skirt in the purples I could not resist. (admitted fabricoholic, here)
6) Leather jerkin (or even doublet) for my rogue.
7) New snood.
8. Mob cap.
Continuing with the Pie-in-the-Sky portion of the list.
9) Full length cloak for son, he wants it hugely embroidered.
10) High class gown for myself.  Style & fabrics to be determined.

If half the list is completed in 2010, that would be doing really very well.
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Genievea Brookstone

Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Baroness de Vale

Well LOTS to do this year and I'll be happy to get a third of it done. Some of it is a must and some of it is dreaming.

1. Puppy costume for my 2nd grader's play in 2 weeks
2. New bodice for myself
3. 2 new sets of garb for my 4 and 7 year old girls because they just won't stop growing :)
4. New shirt for hubby (hopefully 2)
5. New breeches for hubby
6. I would also like to make him a sleeveless jacket that resembles a captain's coat. It gets mighty hot here in the summer (except last year) so he would like something that's not too sweltering. We'll see what I can come up with.
7. Italian gown for myself
8. New linen chemise for myself
9. Finally make the pillbox hat I've wanted to work on for a year
10. 2 cloaks for the girls because if this summer is anything like last summer we actually had a few chilly days.
11. Irish dress for me

OK I think that's everything. Other than notions, trims, and a few patterns, everything else will be coming out of my stash. I bought some fabric with my birthday gift cards and I'm calling it quits with that. If I add anymore fabric to the house, I'm afraid my husband might have an apoplexy. He just doesn't fully understand my fabricholism :)

Cilean

Projects for 2010:

Hubby

3 Shirts
3 Pairs of Stockings

Elizabethan Black Wool like this one:

This one will be done in Grey Silk Satin:

And this Italian if I get a chance

The Sons

They do not wish to be dressed in Elizabethan unless we are going to a Feast type event so I am doing this for them 14th Century Gothic Anyone?

And this one

And for the kids on Elizabethan thought:

For Myself

This in Gray Wool and Purple Damask Kirtle

This one in Deep Purple Silk Taffeta

This is my plan, but who knows eh?

Fun though

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

flidais

Oh goodness, I need a list.  I have it all swimming about in my head....i need a list.  Well first I need to loose weight.  There...that is #1 on the list.  After my husband came home from Iraq this past June....I gained 22 pounds.Last season I squeezed into garb, made one quick and easy Itailian gown and now I refuse to sew anything else for myself until I loose those 22 pounds.  There are a few things for others though....

TO SEW in 2010

-black linen shirt for my husband
-sporran for my husband
-black wool doublet for my husband
-various items to sell at our highland fest in june...mens shirts, hats, chemises, skirts, maybe a cloak or two.

and that is all i can think of specifically at this moment.  :)

GirlChris

Oh I just thought of one more thing to add to the list!

I want a DOLLY!!!!!!! And I wanna make her teeny tiny clothes to match all my garb!

This is totally in my "Follies" category of sewing, but it would really make me happy.

Pipere

A brand new ensemble for Katya Ghuttzhout- my character at MiRF. Expect more Elizabethan Goth!

Also a lot of steampunk.
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

operafantomet

I'm going to make this costume:

It's from "Phantom of the Opera". I've made a red version of it before (used in Europe), and now I'm attempting the green version (as seen in the USA).

I'm also planning a Roman renaissance outfit. It's quite similar to Tuscan dresses, but more subdued colours and almost always a golden veil on the head. http://aneafiles.webs.com/roman.html

Plus maybe finish my many in-progress projects...?  ;D