News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

new here

Started by cw0203, February 03, 2010, 08:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cw0203

Howdy folks, I've never been to the VARF, didn't know it was there until a couple years ago. Got hurt and couldn't walk, but I'm back on my feet and will be there this year. I always went to the MDRF before I got hurt. Glad you're here, alot closer ( live in Culpeper County ) and seemingly less commercial. See ya'll in May!!!!! Oh and I'll be on the forum quite a bit too.

Coty
"Can't stand rude behaviour in a man, won't tolerate it" Woodrow F. Call

will paisley

Welcome!  As you've probably already read, VARF is a lot smaller than MDRF, and if you're coming expecting to be entertained by one of 10 different stage shows at any given time, or walk in and see a huge lane of permanent buildings, you're bound to be dissappointed.  However, you should recognize at least a few faces from MDRF during your visit at VARF, and you can expect to experience a LOT more cast interaction, simply due to the cast to patron ratio.  If you think you might like to provide some of that cast interaction, auditions are right around the corner.  If you think you might be interested in the future, VARF is the perfect place to try your hand at it as a patron.  Feel free to say hello to some of us forum members while you're there; I'll either be with the rest of the minstrels or by the front gate, directing people to the pub (regardless of where they wanted to go in the first place).
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

cw0203

I'm looking forward to not having so many permanent structures. I like the MDRF but to me it's too big. I'm liking the idea of a smaller venue. You'll recognize me, I'm the big bald guy with a limp. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Coty

will paisley

Quote from: cw0203 on February 03, 2010, 10:33:41 AM
You'll recognize me, I'm the big bald guy with a limp. Look forward to meeting everyone.

No offense, but I think I'll keep an eye out for the limp.  Looking for the "big bald guy" at faire is like looking for the "short, buxom lady showing lots of cleavage" or "the one dressed as a pirate".  ;D
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

~pixie~

Come to think of it, there are lots of folks with limps, too.
So, welcome Coty!  You'll fit right in!
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

cw0203

Ya know, never thought about it like that but I guess there are alot of big bald guys at Faire huh? And alot of limps...............I guess I do fit right in......woohoo!!!

Coty

cw0203

Another quick question.........are there arms makers there? I have a small forge in my shop here at home and like to make vaguely knife and sword shaped metal things. I'd like to get some more first hand knowledge. I haven't really gotten to watch any one in person and have been going mostly off of books and internet how-tos. Thanks.

Coty

Master James

Yes usually we have a blacksmith there that makes swords and such.  He's a very nice guy and I'm sure he'd be willing to discuss things with you.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

cw0203

awesome!!!! Thank you, sir.

Coty