News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any netflix suggestions?

Started by justsomeguytn, January 05, 2010, 11:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justsomeguytn

Anyone have any good suggestions for medieval or renaissance themed movies on Netflix (preferably ones I can put on instant Queue)

Betty Munro

Elizabeth - any of the Elizabeths ...

Do they have the Tudors?  That just started another run on Showtime and the new season starts in April, it might not be available from Netflix.

Is Joan of Ark considered Medieval?

I think Netflix has a collection of hour long specials about the wives of King Henry VIII.

Happy movie watching!

LordEustace

for some reason the Tudors bored me... i made it 45 minutes into the first ep and turned it off. great jousting scene though... plus there were some nice looking women in there.... maybe i aughta give it another go... hmmm...
I'm partially Scottish, partially Irish, and there's a small amount of Native American somewhere in there...

Merlin

My favorite of all time... EXCALIBUR

Also...The Clash of the Titans... a bit pre-renaissance.... but really good and you should see it before the remake comes out which looks AWESOME ! ! !

Monty Python "The Holy Grail" too..... classic
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

LordEustace

the movie Outlander is good... it's about this guy (Jim Caviezel or how ever his name is spelled...) who crashes down on Earth in ancient Norselands. he helps the Vikings destroy something - i can't remember what 'cause it's been awhile since i saw it. its very good.
I'm partially Scottish, partially Irish, and there's a small amount of Native American somewhere in there...