News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Winter Renstock 2010

Started by mumsies, January 08, 2010, 08:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumsies

Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 4:00pm til  Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 12:00pm
Crooked Creek Environmental Learning Center
Street:    
Address is 245 Kerr Bottom Road as it appears on the GPS., Ford City, PA 16226
(South of Ford City, just off of Route 66)

It's that time of year again-to help get us through our renfaire withdrawal, and share great times with great friends.

Overnight available

BYOB-and covered dish

$5.00 donation per person

Possible Chinese auction-more details to come

Mark your calender-Let's make this one of the best ever

Pass the word to those you know who aren't online!

Held at Crooked Creek Environmental Learning Center
245 Kerr Bottom Road (as per GPS)
Ford City, PA 16226
(just off of Route 66 south)

chriscat53

I may use Renstock as a weekend getaway but I'd have to get a hotel in Kittanning for the night for health and comfort reasons. Maybe I can get to know people better--the faire is so loud. I will probably NOT wear a costume. Too stressy. Keep me informed.

Charity Morgan

Greetings!!!! 
The ren-sistas committee got a confirmation from Terry Griffith who has agreed to MC and entertain. If any of our other entertaining friends want to grace us with a performance let us know! Also, a reminder about the chinese auction, if you have items or would like to make a monetary donation we will be fund raising again. Last year we were able to help our ren-family members, The Hogans, after their devastating fire. If you are aware of a specific need in our group, please private message me, Mumsies, or Anne of Oak Tower. We are all really looking forward to this gathering, especially since there have been so many changes at our local Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival, this is a great opportunity to see the ren-family and friends both old and new. Let's make this the best RenStock yet! ?
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

mumsies

Some details for Winter Renstock

Please remember, there is a $5.00 cover per person. This money is to pay for the cost of the building rental. We would like to stamp each person when they pay to make it easier for us to keep track of things. We will also put each name in for a drawing-the door prize will include 2 tickets to GLMF.

Remember the event is BYOB. Please drink responsibly, and if you are drinking, plan for overnight, or make sure you have a designated driver. We want this to be a fun event, but safe.

Terry Griffith has graciously offered to take on organizing the entertainment for us this year. The event has been growing each year, and we can use all the help we can get. We love our entertainers, but we also want to make sure each and every one of them also has a chance to enjoy some time with friends. If you are interested in entertaining, of any kind...Please contact Terry so that he can make sure everyone gets their time to shine! Contact him at pittsburghirish@verizon.net, and let him know what type of equipment you will need, etc. Great night for a sing-a-long with all our favorites!

Last year, we did a good thing raising money to help fellow rennies who really needed our help. Thankfully, this year we have no one with an immediate need, we would like to use the opportunity of having so many of us together, and do our Chinese auction and 50/50 drawings again.

Kharla, Stacey and I have been trying to get the information in forming a non-profit group and start a fund for future emergency needs. We will continue to work on this in the coming weeks and keep you posted on the information. So, we could use any donations that any one can offer..please contact me or Stacey by phone, message or email if you have something you would like to donate.

I have already had several people email me about food. I will start a list on the ren.com site, with a link from the facebook. If you have already sent me a message, could you possibly resend it? Been a rough few months at my house, and things have been a bit unorganized. If someone knows how to post it in a list I can edit on fb...please let me know. If you have a food/snack idea planned, send message to me or Stacey.

We would really like to start a rennie directory. We tried this last year, but there were a lot of things going on, and it is hard to do at the event itself. It would just be a nice way for all of us to keep in touch when there is something important going on, when one of our renfriends is in need of some help, when there is a chance for us all to get together, when we have some good news to share. We would really like to have contact information for as many of us as possible. And, it would be really be nice, if some of us can even manage to find some time to do a little news update every quarter or so. If possible, we would like you to send us your faire name, along with your real name, address, phone number, and/or email.

We also need to know who will be staying over, and whether or not you need a room, or just floor space. I know some people have already spoken to Stacey, and we will be making room space first come first serve.

I know it's a lot of information in one email, but I want to make sure we get you all caught up, and everyone has time to make plans...and hope we are all going to have an awesome time!

Love from Mumsies, Anne and Charity

Mistress Charlotte

Have fun!  Raise a glass for me and Rick... the 27th will be our 30th anniversary!! 
Miss you all!
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

mumsies

Charlotte-wish you could be here! Have a happy anniversary (Bill and I will celebrate 30 in the fall...whew!). Hopefully, will see you this season..and try that get together again! Hugs!

Charity Morgan

FOOD DRIVE!!! Please bring a can of food, box of crackers, or something to add to the FOOD DRIVE! With this economy, there are probably some among us who could use a little help so we will provide suggestion slips next to the food drive box, if you or someone you know might genuinely benefit from this just fill out the slip to make a suggestion! Otherwise the food will be donated to local food banks! THANKS!!!

The fun begins at 4pm... Terry will be entertaining from 6pm until 10pm (not that he isn't ALWAYS entertaining!) and the auction which will benefit a Renaissance Memorial Garden will be about 8pm!  Plan to stay over! 
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.