News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Winter Renstock 2010

Started by mumsies, January 08, 2010, 08:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumsies

Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 4:00pm til  Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 12:00pm
Crooked Creek Environmental Learning Center
Street:   
Address is 245 Kerr Bottom Road as it appears on the GPS., Ford City, PA 16226
(South of Ford City, just off of Route 66)

It's that time of year again-to help get us through our renfaire withdrawal, and share great times with great friends.

Overnight available

BYOB-and covered dish

$5.00 donation per person

Possible Chinese auction-more details to come

Mark your calender-Let's make this one of the best ever

Pass the word to those you know who aren't online!

Held at Crooked Creek Environmental Learning Center
245 Kerr Bottom Road (as per GPS)
Ford City, PA 16226
(just off of Route 66 south)

mumsies

Definitely hoping to see some of our Ohio friends here!

Some details for Winter Renstock

Please remember, there is a $5.00 cover per person. This money is to pay for the cost of the building rental. We would like to stamp each person when they pay to make it easier for us to keep track of things. We will also put each name in for a drawing-the door prize will include 2 tickets to GLMF.

Remember the event is BYOB. Please drink responsibly, and if you are drinking, plan for overnight, or make sure you have a designated driver. We want this to be a fun event, but safe.

Terry Griffith has graciously offered to take on organizing the entertainment for us this year. The event has been growing each year, and we can use all the help we can get. We love our entertainers, but we also want to make sure each and every one of them also has a chance to enjoy some time with friends. If you are interested in entertaining, of any kind...Please contact Terry so that he can make sure everyone gets their time to shine! Contact him at pittsburghirish@verizon.net, and let him know what type of equipment you will need, etc. Great night for a sing-a-long with all our favorites!

Last year, we did a good thing raising money to help fellow rennies who really needed our help. Thankfully, this year we have no one with an immediate need, we would like to use the opportunity of having so many of us together, and do our Chinese auction and 50/50 drawings again.

Kharla, Stacey and I have been trying to get the information in forming a non-profit group and start a fund for future emergency needs. We will continue to work on this in the coming weeks and keep you posted on the information. So, we could use any donations that any one can offer..please contact me or Stacey by phone, message or email if you have something you would like to donate.

I have already had several people email me about food. I will start a list on the ren.com site, with a link from the facebook. If you have already sent me a message, could you possibly resend it? Been a rough few months at my house, and things have been a bit unorganized. If someone knows how to post it in a list I can edit on fb...please let me know. If you have a food/snack idea planned, send message to me or Stacey.

We would really like to start a rennie directory. We tried this last year, but there were a lot of things going on, and it is hard to do at the event itself. It would just be a nice way for all of us to keep in touch when there is something important going on, when one of our renfriends is in need of some help, when there is a chance for us all to get together, when we have some good news to share. We would really like to have contact information for as many of us as possible. And, it would be really be nice, if some of us can even manage to find some time to do a little news update every quarter or so. If possible, we would like you to send us your faire name, along with your real name, address, phone number, and/or email.

We also need to know who will be staying over, and whether or not you need a room, or just floor space. I know some people have already spoken to Stacey, and we will be making room space first come first serve.

I know it's a lot of information in one email, but I want to make sure we get you all caught up, and everyone has time to make plans...and hope we are all going to have an awesome time!

Love from Mumsies, Anne and Charity

Terry Griffith

And sure it will be an evening to remember.  For those of us who had to miss the festivities there last week, it will be a welcome chance to see dear friends from GMLF.  We get together in Pittsburgh quite often but it's a bit far for most of you to come for an evening.  Renstock isn't quite as far and there is overnight accommodations.

Hope to see many of you there.

Slainte!
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

mumsies

Most recent copy of the lists.....

Covered dish:

What can you anticipate sinking your teeth into at Winter Renstock 2010?

Here's what folks have said they are bringing:

Lasagna
Roaster of hot dogs and kraut
Pineapple kielbasa
Ham barbecue
Pizza Dip & Bread cubes
Corn Pudding
Chicken Dip w/crackers
Gumbo & Baggettes
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Meatballs
Bacon-ranch cold pasta salad
Desserts:
Chad's Famous Caramel Corn
Sheet Cake
Cupcakes
Dirt Dessert for the kiddies

Paper Products:
Mumsies has plenty of plastic forks, spoons and knives
Flatware and Napkins

And assorted beverages, including:
Pop/Soda
Cube of Pepsi
Kids drinks

If you intend to stay overnight, please consider bringing something to share in the morning. (It doesn't have to be much...a small coffee cake, a dozen muffins, or even a box of cereal would be fine.)

*Please note that breakfast will not begin until after 8:00 a.m. First one up, please start the coffee!
2 dozen eggs
1 loaf of 12 Grain bread
1 lb. bacon
Beverages:
Coffee
1/2 gal. OJ

Overnight-room/floor space

There are six rooms available with two sets of bunks in each room (total of 24 single beds), two pull out sofas, and lots of floor space for cots and air-mattresses.

Who's staying?

ROOMS:
Sarah, Rudy, and family(1 room)
Stacey & Michael
Ashley Plummer (+3(1 room)
Michael Tharp
Chad Altman (1)
Vinny and Jen, John and Steph(4)(1 room)
Cindy's girls-(1 room)
Steve and Courtney (1 room)

FLOOR SPACE:
Tia (Brad?)
Katelyn (Luke?)
Jane & Elizabeth
Janice and Michael

Bunk rooms are looking pretty much full up...so we are looking at floor space/mattresses now. Here is info on local motels in the area...sorry, can't really give you any reviews on those.

Lake's Restaurant and Lounge
2847 River Road
Vandergrift PA, 15690
724-567-5405
http://www.lakesonthekiski.com/lodging.htm

Quality Inn - 405 Butler Road, Kittanning, PA 16201 -
(724)543-1159
http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-kittanning-pennsylvania-PA006

Rodeway Inn - Rt. 422 East, Kittanning, PA 16201 -
(724) 543-1100
http://www.rodewayinn.com/hotel-kittanning-pennsylvania-PA136?sid=Sj_Di.x$eAhgaol.12

Country Manor Motel
Address: 4168 Route 66 | Apollo, PA | 15613
Tel: 1 724 727-3431 |
http://www.greaterpittsburgh.worldweb.com/ApolloPA/WheretoStay/HotelsMotels//index.html

2 tickets GLMF for Door Prize

Auction:
2 tickets for GLMF
Partylite Goodie Basket
Usborne Children's books

We have several people who have already made donations or committed to donations-thanks! Please keep them coming.We won't be posting specific donations this week...just surprise you all when you get there-but I am sure we'll have lots of goodies!

mumsies

Directions:

(for our Ohio friends...if you want to come out 422....follow 422 east, and look for Butler/toward Kittaning. Take Ford City exit off of 28 and then follow directions below)

Directions: (anyone using a GPS, and looking for Dime Road, for some reason, it always brings you out at the beginning of Dime Road, just near the Vandergrift bridge. If this happens, you need to go North on Alternate 66 (which is also Dime Road)....heading away from Vandergrift Bridge

From New Stanton     70 East to exit for PA toll 66 toward Delmont
Follow 66 toll to Delmont,---Where toll road ends in Delmont, it becomes Route 66 north.
Keep going on 66 North all the way to Apollo, approximately 12  miles to Apollo
(when you get to a Y in the road, just past State Police barracks, stay to the RIGHT.) Follow this road (still route 66) until you come down a hill, cross railroad tracks, and then cross the bridge.
Greensburg/Latrobe area follow directions above from Delmont.

***Note, you will pass a BP station before going down the hill to Apollo
DO NOT TURN ONTO ALT. 66 HERE, KEEP GOING DOWN THE HILL , ACROSS THE TRACKS, ACROSS THE BRIDGE TO THE LIGHT, AND MAKE A LEFT (YOU ARE NOW IN APOLLO) Follow Route 66 north, along the river, until you come to another stop light, it is approximately 2 miles(Vandergrift Bridge will be on your left, you want to make a right onto Alternate 66 North. (this is Dime Road).

You will follow Dime Road all the way to a T at the end (Mumsies is about ½ way out on Dime..you will be going past there).From Mumsies, the T is 4.8 miles.  At the T, you are at junction of Alternate 66 and  Route 66. Make a RIGHT onto 66 north, go .4 miles turn RIGHT onto Crooked Creek Lake Rd. (just before Crooked Creek Market).
Pass Pitzer's restaurant...then see a small sign for ELC on right, turn LEFT onto Kerr Road, just before big sign for Crooked Creek Lake. Follow road back to ELC

If coming from Pittsburgh/Monroeville area...best way is from Route 22, to 286, to 380..toward Apollo. 380 exit to Apollo/Vandergrift will bring you onto Rt. 66. Go north on 66 (to the right) and then follow the directions above.

If coming from Route 28, north of us...Ford City exit off of 28, follow 66 South toward Leechburg/Apollo. Follow RT 66 south approx 9-10 miles, you will pass Garda's restaurant, a closed up water slide, Crooked Creek Market. The road to ELC is just past Crooked Creek Market, turn LEFT.
Pass Pitzer's restaurant...then see a small sign for ELC on right, turn LEFT onto Kerr Road, just before big sign for Crooked Creek Lake. Follow road back to ELC

If coming from Pittsburgh, south, on route 28, it is still easiest and about the same time, to take the above directions for 28 north to Ford City. And follow above directions.
(More of a straight shot, not through so many towns, etc.)

ANY MORE INFO NEEDED, PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL
Mumsies 724-316-1944
Mr. Mumsies at 724-681-7140

mumsies

Anyone looking for a room for the night, Lake's Motel is about 10 minutes from our place. Their phone was out for a few days...that's why you kept getting a busy signal. I spoke with them tonite. They do have rooms available for Saturday. Double bed, 2 people, $45, and double bed and single bed, $55. I can't give any reviews, but I know my kids have had dinner there, and said it was a decent place. Motel is a little further up the river from Vandergrift. Instead of turning onto Dime Road, you got straight thru, a few miles. Website: http://www.lakesonthekiski.com/lodging.htm Owner said to call after 10:30 a.m. tomorrow, when they open for breakfast...that way she can have rooms ready for Saturday. (heat off in empty rooms for winter).