News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Novels

Started by The Lady Mercedes, January 09, 2010, 02:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Mercedes

Hahahaha funny you should mention it...I have the book & am nearly at the end-it is a good book...thick, but good. I also have her one about Mary Queen of Scots but have yet to read it. :)
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Lady Caroline

Aww yes, that is also in my library. :)

The Lady Mercedes

Yea! great minds think alike ;) lol

The Lady Mercedes

Lady Rebecca

I just finished The King's Rose, a historical fiction about Katherine Howard. Pretty good - I actually found myself feeling sorry for her despite her indiscretions.

Drudonn

Becky10

Waiting to read His Last Letter. I did read The Virgin's Daughters and was a bit peeved to find that it was 2 separate stories, it was okay, not as good as Philippa Gregory's books.

Pope Joan is a VERY good book as well as the Doomsday Book (its a bit like Timeline but better as far as i am concerned).
Out of the time period but Water For Elephants is also very good.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

The Lady Mercedes

The Lady Mercedes

This makes into my uh, nooo catagory, but here ya go if you feel so inclined to have a go for yourself... http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Secret-History-of-Elizabeth-Tudor-Vampire-Slayer/Lucy-Weston/e/9781439190333/?itm=2&USRI=elizabeth+tudor+vampire+slayer
Addendum: A nice suprise-this book is actually quite good! :o Lol.

The Lady Mercedes

Addilay

Quote from: Elinor Hakebourne on February 15, 2010, 07:15:48 PM
I just started The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England: A Handbook for Visitors to the Fourteenth Century by Ian Mortimer :) Instead of reciting facts, it makes you imagine yourself walking into a medieval village! I haven't gotten into it very far as of yet, but it seems like a great way to get my faire fix when the new faire season is still far away!
I really enjoyed The Time Traveler's Guide. We listened to the unabridged audio version on our drives to Ren Faires during the summer 2010. It really gets you in the perfect mindset. I am glad to say our medical practices have improved since then!
Of Course!  More wine!

storz

Not in library yet, but George RR Martin has just announced that A Dance With Dragons will be available on July 12. Yea its only been six years.