News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Novels

Started by The Lady Mercedes, January 09, 2010, 02:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

I just read a fantastic fiction book.  It has nothing to do with history or Ren faires.

It's called "Cotton Rock" by Janet Smith Post.    You can buy it on Amazon.com.   I loved it so much, I've already bought 2 other copies for gifts.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

The Lady Mercedes

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

The Lady Mercedes

Just saw that Philippa Gregory is putting out the first novel in her first series for teens! Check it out here. :)

The Lady Mercedes

The second in the Wolf Hall Trilogy is out May 8: Bring Up the Bodies

The Lady Mercedes

My copy of the new Ian Mortimer book has arrived from the UK & rather quickly to my great pleasure! Huzzah & let the reading commence! I'll be posting my review on my blog as soon as I finish. :)

Zardoz

Just started "The Wicker Tree" by Robin Hardy, fun read so far.
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

The Lady Mercedes

Thanks for the heads up! :)

The Lady Mercedes

Just discovered a mystery series that takes place at a ren faire! There's been 4 of them so far with number 5 due out Sep. 4:
Wicked Weaves
Ghastly Glass
Deadly Daggers
Harrowing Hats
Treacherous Toys
And while non fiction, I found a book of faire photography that came out this past February called Scenes from a Faire. Hmmm, maybe some of our fellow board members are inside?...and there's one coming Nov. 19 called Well Met: Renaissance Faires and the American Counterculture...from the description, it sounds like it's gonna be pretty interesting!

shaywhat

So, I just bought (and subsequently read) Her Highness, The Traitor by Susan Higgenbotham. It was an amazing read and told from the 1st person POVs of Jane Dudley, Duchess of Northumberland and Frances Brandon Grey, Duchess of Suffolk.  It deals mostly with the events leading up to, including, and after Jane Grey.

I found it to be wonderfully researched and gave life to characters who, due to lack of information, are kind of...shady?

Anyway, excellent book for those that are interested in this particular time frame.
-ShayWhat

Jane Dudley, Lady Dudley

"Into the dark some light will grow."

The Lady Mercedes

Thanks for the review! I look forward to reading it! :)

The Lady Mercedes

The Lady Mercedes

The Lady Mercedes