News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking for work at Kentucky Highland Renaissance Festival

Started by jinxintheworld, January 10, 2010, 01:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinxintheworld

Okay so this post is two parts. I was looking at my schedule for next year and I have about a month gap between the end of the Scarborough Fair in Waxahachie and the beginning of Sterling (Northern New York) and was thinking about doing the Kentucky Renfair.

Part 1
I wanted to see if anyone knew about the logistics of this fair- is there on sight camping for participants if so what does it cost? If not does anyone know of inexpensive off sight camping in the area? Any other general information from participants would be awesome:)

Part 2
I'm thinking this would be a fair I'd like to do. I have experience working everything from games to booth management to food service at festivals. Obviously I have references and my own costume. I'm efficient and a fast learner with a good work ethic. I believe anything worth doing is worth doing right and am always up for learning new skills. I'm female, attractive and 24, if that has any bearing on anything.

WindChime

I know they have on-site camping - primitive(no eletric) is $100, tent/camper with eletric only is $150, partial camper hookup (electric & water) is $200 & full RV hookup is $250. This is for the entire run of the show.  This is how it is listed in the vendor pack. I am not raelly sure how they go about with employee camping (ie if the vendor pays or if the worker pays.) 

The festivale is set in the 14th century country faire. They have a scottish king. This is the 5th year of the faire so it is still new and growing.

I thought this might help. I have been a vendor there for going on 3 years but at this time can't use any help but I will send anyone I hear that needs help this season to this link for you. Good Luck and if you do get there look for the R/F banner in the woods and introduce yourself. I have a sign in log at my booth for everyone to see they are not alone at this faire.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

LordEustace

I'm partially Scottish, partially Irish, and there's a small amount of Native American somewhere in there...