News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

spring is coming

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, January 14, 2010, 09:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Jesse

I'm excited but im a little disapointed in the price.... it just doesnt include anyhting, and im driving for 3 hours to get there.....

Lady Christina de Pond

Jesse bring a friend opening weekend is purchase one ticket get a second free
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

BamaWoodsman

As a side note, Jesse, or anyone else.  I have 7 people in our group coming this weekend so if anyone has an extra person who needs to share a ticket with someone that would be great.

I assume they will do the tickets like they did last year, where 1 ticket gets 2 people in to the Faire.  This messed us up last year because we thought it would be a two day pass.  Just an FYI for everyone.

Lady Christina de Pond

hey Bama as it seems my numbers are shrinking I'm not sure if it's gonna be just me or if it's gonna be three of us going but either way your extra person is welcome to share with me
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Just Jesse

i htought it was buy 2 get one free, or is it buy one get one free????????

Lady Christina de Pond

it's buy one get one opening weekend
i just ran over to the web site
Lady Ashley of De Coals

susannah

We usually buy the family pack...4 tickets gets us in for 2 days and food/drink/game tickets. We don't use the costume rental discounts...so if anyone wants those, let me know!
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

JonStrickland

Just a heads up for folks coming in the opening weekend, I just got a glimpse at what else is going on in Atlanta and thought I'd share it in case it impacts traffic.

Dogwood Festival
Sweetwater Festival
Bon Jovi concert
Braves games
Robotics competition
Two versions of Freaknik

Traffic might be heavier than normal in the evening (I can't imagine morning traffic would really be hit that hard). It might save you some frustration if you look at possible alternate routes home beforehand if you normally go through the city.

Lady Christina de Pond

i thought bon jovi concert was tomorrow night cause i can't go to it i'm going to be at another concert(not that i was planning to go anyway)
Lady Ashley of De Coals

JonStrickland

Whoops! You're right. I was going by what was in an AJC article and didn't think to check the actual concert date. So that's one less thing to worry about.  ;)

BazookaBaby

If you're planning on going down and through the city during that weekend, you probably want to figure out an alternate route. The Dogwood festival is actually up near Stone Mountain which isn't anywhere near the city center, but freaknik is going to cause all sorts of trouble (It always did/does). Also keep in mind that if you aren't there earlyish, like before opening gate, to GARF, the traffic in that area come 10:30 ~ 11:00 turns into a standstill (on opening weekend anyway). My friends and I found that out the hard way last year, and ended up giving up, parking about 3/4 a mile away and just walked it. We passed a good 80 cars or so on the way so we made better time than we would have if we were driving.

Lady Christina de Pond

yeah that was my mistake last year i stopped and we ate in mcd's instead of getting it to go. definately not repeating that mistake again we lost around 30/40 minutes sitting in and eating that i could have skirted the traffic i don't mind arriving early enough to watch the people come in dressed in garb and some dressed as mundanes i enjoy it
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Just Jesse

this is not my first fair, but im bringing newbies, whats everyones opinion as this being my friends first fair experience....

Lady Christina de Pond

i don't know depends on the Person they may find they love renfest then the may run away screamin
Lady Ashley of De Coals

fairieimp

working the faire does have its benefits. sean and i will be leaving to head to faire well before 600AM (not that it takes us terribly long to get to faire). and probably leaving well after everything is closed down as well.
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)