News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

spring is coming

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, January 14, 2010, 09:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amy

Hello BW... We are trying to make plans to visit GARF this year before we hit TNRF.  Probably going to be there opening weekend if we come.    Any chance we could raise a toast wit you and yours? 

Lady Christina de Pond

i plan to be there opening weekend with atleast two to three friends
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

BamaWoodsman

Amy,  Absolutely, I know we will be there opening weekend and can definitely make plans to gather. Not sure if it will be just me and my fiance or if the rest of our group will be there as well. If it looks like there will be enough of us R/Fers around we can try to organize a little meet and greet Friday evening. Its getting closer but I really wish it would hurry up, i've been going through withdrawals for far to long.

BLAKDUKE

my wife and I plan to be there on opening weekend.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Lady Alice of Mecklenburg

we will be there for opening - hope to see everyone at the gates! With Mead!
Just a regular renaissance gal...

Lady Christina de Pond

no mead for me but i'll be there
Lady Ashley of De Coals

amy

Well this news that lots of folks will be there opening weekend is the best I have had all day!   That is terrific.  I'll try that much harder to organize us making it down for the weekend.  If we can't make it by Friday we could syncronize our sun dials to meet up on site one day for a show or pub sing!

Really something to look forward to now!

Lady Christina de Pond

i'm not going to make it down Friday even though the extra expense might be worth a few more hours of sleep. I'll be there Saturday Morning hopefully before noon. any show in perticular that you would like to meet at and what time?
Lady Ashley of De Coals

fairieimp

I can't wait for GaRF!! :D
I'll be working with Son of Sandlar this year! :) So y'all'll (is that even a declination of y'all?) have to come and see me!

Anybody know of anywhere to get a good, albeit cheap bodice (other than ebay)? One of the bonings in my good (read:only) bodice came out, and I haven't had the chance to send it to get it mended (nor do i have the money to send it either). So, I'd greatly appreciate any leads. I've found one I like for 60 bucks, but I'm not quite sure if it'll look okay on me.
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

susannah

We're planning on being there opening day! Looking forward to seeing everyone! Congrats on the new gig, fairieimp!
Have you looked at the royal coffers store on ebay? I got my first set of garb from her and was really happy with it.
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

fairieimp

Quote from: susannah on March 14, 2010, 11:28:00 AM
We're planning on being there opening day! Looking forward to seeing everyone! Congrats on the new gig, fairieimp!
Have you looked at the royal coffers store on ebay? I got my first set of garb from her and was really happy with it.

Thanks for the lead!
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

JonStrickland

It's official, my doppleganger Edmund Vainglory III, Lord Admiral to his majesty's Navy, shall be attending their majesties this season. If you see him wandering about, do make sure to say good day.

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: JonStrickland on March 15, 2010, 03:20:56 PM
It's official, my doppleganger Edmund Vainglory III, Lord Admiral to his majesty's Navy, shall be attending their majesties this season. If you see him wandering about, do make sure to say good day.

Sir Edmund:

Dost thou have an R/F pin, if so display it prominently so that we may see it.

The BLAKDUKE
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

LadyDracolich

Susannah- She is beautiful! ;)  Can't wait to meet her!

As for season passes, I think GARF is the last faire that's open more than 4 weekends that doesn't offer a season pass. :/  Perhaps the management should consider this...

Not sure when I'll be in attendance, but opening weekend looks like it might be ok. :)
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

JonStrickland

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on March 15, 2010, 03:50:15 PM
Sir Edmund:

Dost thou have an R/F pin, if so display it prominently so that we may see it.

The BLAKDUKE

Pins have yet to be distributed. Traditionally, we receive them upon the final rehearsal. I'll be wearing mine own 'pon a piece of cloth draped fashionably o'er my belt. I do so cringe at the thought of piercing my doublet.

I do have the pin from last season, but that hardly counts does it? And during the 99 to 01 seasons, when first I greeted visitors to Newcastle, we did not have pins. Our names were recorded in a lovely broadside distributed at front gate. But alas, those days are long since gone.

At any rate, all who wish to see me can do so at the King's coronation anniversary celebration each day at 1:30 at the King's Hall Stage. I shall be there to present a wondrous speech to his majesty.