News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

spring is coming

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, January 14, 2010, 09:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonStrickland

Well paint my nose and call me Susan, I completely misinterpreted. And I believe I ALSO answered the question. ;)

BLAKDUKE

I wonder if anyone has a pin(were they even made back then) from 1986.  I believe that was the innaugural year and the first year I attended.   If there are none to be had, I wonder how one could be made.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

JonStrickland

This does mark the 25th anniversary of the Georgia Renaissance Festival. Willynilly On The Wash is just a glimmer of a memory now.

Nailin

Anyone know how far GARF is from the Atlanta Airport? - Mapquest says 17 mins but, I have no idea about traffic - Thanks
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

I'd give yourself 30 mins. Last year there was a lot of construction and it took hours for some folks.

Lady Christina de Pond

warrior monk is right if they are working on that exit(which it seems like they always are) it will take longer. but yeah it's really just a stone throw from the airport or so it seems to me
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Eric the Ugly

I'll very likely be there for opening day, unless the forecast calls for rain of course.

Though, as much as I like being there on opening day, last year was a nightmare. I tried to arrive by about 11:45-ish, but due to the insane craaawwlll of traffic that last mile or so in Fairburn, I didn't get in the gates til an hour later. Ugh.
Getting there any earlier means no sleep for me 't'all, since I work at night...

susannah

Thanks, Lady D!! Looking forward to seeing you again this year! Jon...I do believe I have an excellent picture of you from last season...I have in my GARF 2009 album on facebook and will try to post here with some others soon!
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

susannah

Also...I meant to start a countdown!! We're one month out as of yesterday, lords and ladies!
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

fairieimp

Quote from: susannah on March 18, 2010, 10:19:52 AM
Also...I meant to start a countdown!! We're one month out as of yesterday, lords and ladies!

HUZZAH!!

but, crap... that means I don't have very long to get me a new bodice. @&#@!@#$#%.... I found a half bodice on ebay that I liked, but the lady hasn't gotten back to me about one in my size. :/
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

Lady Christina de Pond

wooooo hooo

i can rest for now the hat is finished
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Eric the Ugly

Quote from: fairieimp on March 18, 2010, 12:39:01 PMbut, crap... that means I don't have very long to get me a new bodice. @&#@!@#$#%.... I found a half bodice on ebay that I liked, but the lady hasn't gotten back to me about one in my size. :/

Have you tried taking a look at sellers on Etsy?

fairieimp

Quote from: Eric the Ugly on March 18, 2010, 05:24:21 PM
Quote from: fairieimp on March 18, 2010, 12:39:01 PMbut, crap... that means I don't have very long to get me a new bodice. @&#@!@#$#%.... I found a half bodice on ebay that I liked, but the lady hasn't gotten back to me about one in my size. :/

Have you tried taking a look at sellers on Etsy?

thanks for the lead. :) i've looked today, and unfortunately most of those are out of my price range; however, if i save up, i might be able to get one for next year (there are *several* that i really like).
i bid on a pretty nice 2 piece couture set that apparently doesn't have a reserve on ebay, so maybe i'll get it. i'm not sure how it'll fit it with my garb though... i may have to by a new chemise (luckily those aren't anywhere near as expensive as a bodice). we'll see how it goes.
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

Lady Alice of Mecklenburg

ugh - why are they not going to do season passes this year? 
Just a regular renaissance gal...