News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

CRF 2010

Started by Norfolk, January 16, 2010, 03:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

There are worse things than being an elephant squeaky toy

Radu the Gypsy

being a Tiger's squeaky toy?

Avan

Being  Jim's squeaky toy   :o

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Not being a Squeaky toy at all?
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Capt Spleen

Fermented inta bein NOT squeaky clean at all,.... evarrr!

Scurvy be th' flavor o' th' day in th' life o' dis pirate!

Norfolk

Quote from: holierthanthou on January 23, 2010, 05:29:20 AM

I'm working on a new character. 

Do we take that to mean that there is no chance that Sister Mary Clarity will return?
Just call me "Your Grace"

holierthanthou

I love being SMC and would do it again in a heartbeat.  I am sought out as the character here and abroad.  Unfortunately the powers that be dismissed SMC as a "not larger than life character" last year.  I'm already bordering sacrilege, so I don't think I can make her any larger than life without offending too many people.  I also have my religious ethics to consider.  There are so many people that believe that I am a real nun.

Truly... I know that some of the powers that be were raised Catholic, so I think that some are afraid of me and my ruler.

SMC did not come back last year due to my being listed in the program as entertainment. I did not want any issues to arise with my not being able to perform up to my standards.

The wonderful people that hired me last year, hired me because they remembered me as the nun.  They had a blast with all of the colorful characters I showed up as.  Problem was I was tied to a booth and could not go out and interact with patrons and cast.  I walked the elephant on my lunch hour.  So... I hope that I can find a more part-time position with one of the booths. 

It was a good opportunity for me to get out some of my other garb that CRF attendees had not seen.

So will SMC be back?  Other faires and festivals... yes!  Probably not to CRF.

There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Norfolk

Quote from: holierthanthou on February 03, 2010, 03:30:25 PM

So will SMC be back?  Other faires and festivals... yes!  Probably not to CRF.

And CRF is much the poorer for it. 

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Well Toki and I will be back. I will me The COUNTESS Isabella Katarina Marina Montalban and Toki will be? I plan on having a NEW and wonderous dress. I MAY even return as the Scarlet Raven.

Nah think I'll just stay home on faire days and go hike Denver all week. I'll get a real work out climbing all of those skyscrapers
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Norfolk

Quote from: Lady de Laney on February 04, 2010, 12:30:19 PM
Nah think I'll just stay home on faire days and go hike Denver all week. I'll get a real work out climbing all of those skyscrapers

There is a fine line between jest and sacrilege, Countess!  

The Baroness and I will be back as ... the Baroness and I.  Barring unforeseen and unavoidable interference, we will be in attendance every faire day, and words cannot convey how much we are looking forward to it.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We, too are planning our pilgrimage for this summer.  As soon as we get the final schedule for the young squire's game of baseball (it is sport in the future :) ), we will be making our plans. 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Zoë

I believe it will mostly be Elizabeth attending this year...although it's likely that Zoë will be finding her way every so often.  One of the two will be there every day at least. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Duchess Marguerite

Baron, surely you jest about attending CRF every day as the Baron & Baroness!  Many of us know the rumor about you and the Baroness.  You know the one I'm referring to.  Well, if you're not about to tell, then I guess I'll just have to share.  Rumor has it, that for some reason or another the Baron & Baroness von Richthofen (who are both so dear to my heart) will also not be permitted to attend CRF as themselves (Baron & Baroness).  For unknown reasons, they have been "disciplined" and informed that they may only attend faire in "street clothes" consisting of...... camoflauge shorts, Broncos shirts, flip flops, sunglasses, baseball caps, and finally a cigar in one hand, and a bottle of Bud in the other!  Can you just picture it?  It will certainly be a sight to be seen!!!  I'm not even sure I'll be able to recognize the 2 of you "ungarbed" but I hope you can still have fun!!!  I will certainly miss your lovely attire.  Do you think you'll still be asked to be a part of the "parade"?  Maybe with shovels behind the elephant?

holierthanthou

Oh please say that Lady Ana is jesting about the Baron & Baroness not being able to come in their noble garb.   :-[
They are so stunning and they interact with patrons!  Which the kids adore!  Cast nobility is not permitted to interact with children unless it is with the king and queen. 

Even if it is true, I know that they can come back as common folk instead of mundanes.  The baroness has a lovely blue outfit that is not noble.  Sigh... I hope that it is not true. 

It would have been more fun as the moving trash heap that approaches and bows to the nobility. 

I'm running out of people to grovel to!    >:(
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Norfolk

Thank you for your most kind words, HTT, but fear not!  We will most certainly be there as ourselves, and will welcome your grovel most heartily.  As for Lady Ana Francesca's fantasy, one can only suspect that she has been neglecting her medicinal herbs again.