News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Performer Etiquette

Started by Ditzy Gypsy, January 18, 2010, 06:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl Heinz

Since I do street interaction, don't create choke points.  Don't step on someone else's gig,  Be aware to parade schedules so you won't be int the way.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Ditzy Gypsy

Quote from: crazyrennie on February 12, 2010, 11:18:40 AM
If I may;if you are lucky enough to have a stage and then doubly lucky to have someone maintaining said stage,befriend that person quickly.
I am a stage Manager at Arizona and have been fortunate to have great acts on my stage.
I am pleased to say that now one or two of the acts actively ask me for advice for their shows.
I have only had one incident where a performer  earned my ire.

Hint never anger the person who has control of the sound/light board.

Crazy 

Yeah, our stage wasn't that high-tech, lol. It was a medium-ish stage "area" meaning that there was a large backdrop and a dirt ground surrounded by many benches. From what I could tell many "stages" at this faire had similar set-ups and some had a platform of some type. We could of used a stage manager though, lol! But I guess that just isn't done at this fair, and hasn't ever been done the 20 or so years it has been running. That would have been soooo handy.