News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lawton Ren Fest Reviews?

Started by Craigmeister, May 27, 2008, 10:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbead

Lady Morna:  My deepest and sincerest thanks for your lovely words regarding me humble pirate's market!  It was indeed a pleasure to see you and your "darlin' Scotsman!"  I hope to make see you often in the days and years to come, hopefully at times where I am able to sit for a turn and drink up with ye!

Al-Nimer:  Thank ye for stopping by the booth and sharing some of your time with us.  Captain Jasper and I want to come see you perform at Middlefaire and I look forward to ye sitting in me courtyard enjoying some shade and some breezes.

Lawton was indeed a fantastic smaller faire!  Where else can you see the Ladies of the Salty Kiss, the Bilge Pumps, the Brothers Dimm, jousting, a display of falconry and one of the finest magic shows I have seen in years for $10?!?  More to come - must run!  The King's men are after me!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Al-Nimer

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: LadyMorna on June 14, 2008, 04:34:46 PM
Just got back from our 1st visit to the Lawton, OK Renfest.  It was a lot of fun!  Someone had said it was a small faire with a lot of heart, and they were right.  People were really nice and really friendly.  I loved the shows I saw, and really loved the shops!  We even saw a couple of familiar faces from Scarby.  If it weren't so hot, we would have stayed a bit longer (we're wimps).  There were a lot of shady areas constructed, which made up for the lack of trees.  This is a faire we will return to for sure next year.  I'm including a link to a few photos we took.
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg90/LadyMorna/Lawton%20OK%20Renfest/?albumview=slideshow

Lady Morna

Lady Morna,
     As always, it was a sheer pleasure and delight to see you and Sir Marcus again.  Soooo very glad you got to make it out to the faire.  Looking forward to seeing you both again not only at Lawton but at other faires and events (a repeat of Bellmire in 2009???) down the road.

Until next our paths cross, be well and safe...

As Always,
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: Al-Nimer on June 14, 2008, 09:16:40 PM
Captain Emerald, it was a pleasure meeting you and your crew - Diamond, Ruby & Daylight.  Words cannot express how much fun we had at both your story times!  When you called upon our DS to be the cabin boy, it was the highlight of his day!  When we asked him what his favorite thing of the day was, he said "when I went up on stage for the Ladies of the Salty Kiss!"

Al-Nimir and Family,
     The pleasure was all ours, I assure you.  You folks are truly a delight.  I must admit to being more than a lil' misty eyed upon reading of your DS's favorite thing of the day - those simple words reaffirm everything I and the Kisses do and why we do it - to become someone's faire memory.  Thank you for sharing his words, I've in turn shared them with the Kisses.  DS was a true joy to work with and I look forward to seeing you all again.

Until next our paths cross, do be safe and well ... take care of your lady and give her my best.

Humbly yours,
Emerald
She who is off to see pictures!!!   ;D
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: Blackbead on June 16, 2008, 09:53:15 AM
Lawton was indeed a fantastic smaller faire!  Where else can you see the Ladies of the Salty Kiss, the Bilge Pumps, the Brothers Dimm, jousting, a display of falconry and one of the finest magic shows I have seen in years for $10?!?  More to come - must run!  The King's men are after me!

Blackbead

Blackbead ... I have something to tell you ....

You are a handsome, silver-tongued (and penned), flattering .. devil!  And I love ya for it all, my friend.  And just FYI - the Falconer is Sir Vinterhawk, owner of The Royal Gauntlet Birds of Prey Show (jeez.. that's a mouthful!)  :)

Keep yer fingers crossed that The Colony will allow us dockage come this fall, papers are submitted and await the harbormaster's seal of approval.

Be safe and well in your travels, give my best to Capt. Jasper.

Until next we meet,
Emerald

Zatahra

Finally gotten my photo's edited and up - you can find them at the link below:

http://www.rensites.com/Wichita-RenFan-Society/LRF2008/