News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

For a friend

Started by Element of Air, May 27, 2008, 11:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Element of Air

I am not going to state names for the privacy of the family but a good friend of mine from fair found out about a week or two ago that her 6 year old nephew has a cancerous brain tumor that has placed him in a very quickly deteriorating state. They say that he will not last till this Christmas. They are trying to do chemo only to keep him around for the family a little longer but are not sure if they should simply let nature take its course to make sure he is not in pain for very long. His parents are having a hard time but feel they have reached a calm acceptance at this time.

I wish that all of you can keep this wonderful 6 year old in your thoughts and prayers as no child should have that outlook. Thank you.
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

RenRobin

Your friend and family are in my prayers.
Loki-terr (in training)

Lady Ann of Draycott

Oh, that is so sad!  :'(

He and his family will be in my prayers.
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

LadyOren

Prayers and Hugs sending their way.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

Deborah

It's so sad when a child is involved. Sending *hugs*, prayers and warm thoughts.
If all is going well, you've obviously overlooked something!

laedyfaire

oh how sad..prayers always for this child and all children who suffer so. LF

CatAshtrophy

They are in my prayers. What a terrible decision to have to make about chemo or not.

LadyOren

After reading your post and sending prayers I hugged my own children, the thought of what they are having to go thru rips at my heart.  Pondering while in this hotel room miles away from my own kids I decided to do something.  It's not much but every penny makes a difference.  I'm listing on ebay an auction once a week with a percentage going to St Judes Childrens hospital.  I hope this moment will inspire others to take a small step and do something, anything to help our children of the world.  Peace and blessings
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

daylight

What can I say, this is such terrible news. I`am sorry just does not seem to help so I will be praying for this little one as well. Prayers do work and I will pray. Peace to all you family in this time of need. God be with you now and for ever.

Molden

My prayers and petitions go out to them at this tyme. I can't even begin to imagine the particular brand of hell they are going through...
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Quiet One

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.  No one should have to go through this, especially a child.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

jinx

You and your friends are in my thoughts.  *e-hug*  There simply aren't words enough when a child is going through something like this.
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.