News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A new take on the Corset

Started by BamaWoodsman, January 22, 2010, 07:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamaWoodsman

???
CO2RSET
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/01/corset-reacts-to-carbon-dioxide-levels-in-the-air/

Saw this this morning, and while the WIRED.com readers have an interesting commentary going on in the comments, I'm fairly certain that only the lovely ladies here can truly appreciate this piece of technology.

arbcoind

Kate

I just want a corset that laces and tightens itself, lol.
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Lady Renee Buchanan

I enjoyed the readers' comments more than the corset itself.  Some of them were a riot!   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Betty Munro

Rani Zemirah

If it can be made it loosen and tighten in response to a sensor then it can be made to do the same in response to a voice command...  ;D 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

isabelladangelo

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on August 17, 2011, 12:00:59 AM
If it can be made it loosen and tighten in response to a sensor then it can be made to do the same in response to a voice command...  ;D 

It can also be hacked.  Or, you could just have a bit of fun and breathe on it.  Or drop the person inside a pine forest.   

I can't read the comments at work but a line in the article bugged me.  "O'Friel says she chose a corset because it cinches the waist and forces wearers to breathe shallowly. "   Not exactly.   I can easily sing when I'm wearing a proper corset (Actually, sometimes it's even easier...).  Singing requires a great deal of air.  The corset should never constrict your lungs in anyway.  It can constrict your diaphragm a bit but, mostly, it constricts your intestines and stomach area making you feel fuller quicker.   It's great if you want to wear one for a couple of months to loose some weight...

Mairte

:o
Strange. Some of the comments were hilarious though!