News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Meeting place for our visitors

Started by Apolonia, January 26, 2010, 11:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apolonia

In the true tradition of herding cats, there doesn't seem to be a consensus as to where to meet up once we are inside the gates. The Comte de Gilbert has suggested that we meet outside the gates, prior to opening cannon (which is at 10:00), in the VIP parking lot. You cannot miss the VIP lot as it is near the gates, adjacent to the flushies and across from the will-call window/ticket booth.

We'll see you there!

Norfolk

The Baroness and I plan to be there shortly after 9AM.    ;D
Just call me "Your Grace"

Comte de Gilbert

can't wait to see you there

À la prochaine

-le Comte
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Zoë

Lord knows when I will be able to herd my family out of the hotel the weekend we come to visit (March 20-21) but I'll do my best to find everyone!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Lady Isabella

I can not attend for breakfast, you will see me walking by with the King and Queen for the Opening gate show. (which is new this year!) So, where during the day can we all try and meet up? Time? Is there a favorite act we can meet up at?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Hector

is there a standard place where the ARF R/Fers hang out?  Looking forward to visiting your great Faire this Sunday.
-

Apolonia

Quote from: Hector on March 05, 2010, 08:51:57 PM
is there a standard place where the ARF R/Fers hang out?  Looking forward to visiting your great Faire this Sunday.

I don't speak for everyone but you can usually find some of us in the VIP parking lot before opening cannon (see my opening post in this thread). The French nobles - Marquis de Chandler and Lady Julianne, Compte de Gilbert and Lady Jessica - are easy to find. That is, if they actually get there before opening cannon!  ;D  Unfortunately, I do not know of any one place inside the faire where everyone gathers.

I'll be carrying a large basket, which should make it easy to spot me anywhere on the grounds! Hope to see you there!

Comte de Gilbert

indeed look for us in the VIP lot just outside the gate. Myself and Lady Jessica will deffinately be there before cannon. Dress warm and dry, suppose to be 58 and rainy on Sunday...let hope they are wrong about that
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Hector

Thank you all for the help and notes.  Unfortunately mechanical problems with the plane got me in a little late for cannon.  I recently returned to the hotel for a dinner I need to attend tonight, but the 4+ hours I had at your Faire were a lot of fun -- if very wet.  One monsoon in particular made me feel like I was back home in Florida during hurricane season.  I enjoyed the shops, food, and entertainment.  I look forward to returning on a drier day when I can meet more of the great AZ R/Fers.
-

Amara Deegan

I know it's been a long time since the last post, but thought I would toss in my usual spot anyway.

Red Hat Queen and myself usually arrive between 9:00-9:20am in the handicap/VIP lot to the right of the ticketing booths (when you are facing them). We mill in towards the front of the crowd to watch the pre-cannon antics and get in before making a B-line to Tartanic. After that, it is up to whatever whimsy we have. If you happen to see either one of us, I have the feeling more would recognize Red Hat Queen's magnificent and large hats, feel free to stop us.

Norfolk

The Duchess and I, when visiting Faires other than our native Colorado, endeavor to arrive approximately 45 minutes prior to canon, so as to see the "gate show" and to meet other aficionados, especially fellow RF'rs.  We shall be on the lookout for you!
Just call me "Your Grace"

RedHatQueen

You saw Amara's post..i'm the one with the BIG hats... although this year there are a few surprises and My O' My they are not all RED...
hope to meet many new faces and some old ones xoxo
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari

Prima

The Earl and I will be traveling from Fountain Hills to the faire the 15th,16th,17th.  We'll have to get ready there so hopefully we'll get our act together to get down there around 9.  Any helpful suggestions?
"I aim to misbehave" ~Malcolm Reynolds

Amara Deegan

Quote from: Prima on February 03, 2014, 04:11:15 PM
The Earl and I will be traveling from Fountain Hills to the faire the 15th,16th,17th.  We'll have to get ready there so hopefully we'll get our act together to get down there around 9.  Any helpful suggestions?

What sort of advice were you looking for?