News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FoF Membership

Started by Dinobabe, January 28, 2010, 04:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

What kind of discount on admission does the FoF membership get you?

I want to come up this fall and would be going on Labor Day weekend, 3 days of Faire!.  That is $57 regular price, $54 pre-purchase.  And I want FoF for the 3 days.  I understand you can purchase membership for $5 a day.  That would be $15.  If basic FoF membership is $35 what is the best deal?

AND, does the FoF membership include my husband or is it per person? ???
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady Renee Buchanan

FoF is per person, so you and your husband both need to purchase a membership.  We bought the basic FoF pass but never used the discount admissions, because another forum member, wildthingjew, has been able to get discount tickets that are less than any offer Bristol had in the past.  You might want to PM her to see if she can still get them.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

verdant1

http://www.renfair.com/bristol/tickets/non-tix.php - Link to Bristol

Also, from site:

"Friends of Faire (FoF) Memberships
All 3 Membership Levels are Available by phone at the Bristol office until June 30th!

Read all about Friends of Faire (FOF) and then - until June 30th only - call the Bristol office to purchase a Membership, 1-847-395-7773, ext. 100.

After June 30th, 2010 you buy memberships at the Friends of Faire garden during the faire.

Members still need either tickets or a season's pass to get in to the Faire. These items are available right now too. Tickets can be had via Click n'Print (see our Advance page for ticket details). Passes, etc. are available by phone from Bristol's office. Scroll up to learn about passes.

Level 1 Membership $35.00  Includes:

A beautiful pewter FOF membership medallion especially crafted by Nagle Foundry (issued in the Garden only)
Access to the members-only Friends of Faire Garden
Gatorade and water available
Members-only privy
A discount on tickets for park admission at the will-call window
A members-only e-mail List Server
Specialized classes and seminars about the Elizabethan period
Special invitation to all FOF Feasts and Events
The opportunity to get to know other faire fans like yourself!

Level 2 Membership $65.00  Includes everything in Level One plus...

Two complimentary tickets for 2010 park admission
Two 25% discount coupons for the Renaissance Collection shops

Level 3 Membership $110.00  Includes everything in Level Two plus...

Prepaid Season Parking Pass for designated Friends of Faire Level 3 parking just to the south of the Front Gate!

Orders taken through the Bristol Office only, until June 30th. 1-847-395-7773, ext. 100. Leave a message.
Phone orders can take up to 2 weeks to process. Do not delay!

FoF Memberships are never available for purchase at the box office.

After June 30, 2010, memberships can only be purchased at the Friends of Faire Garden on a Saturday or Sunday, once the show opens July 10."

Hope this info helps you.
Linda

Dinobabe

Thanks Lady Renee.  Cheaper tickets are always great!

I'm still wondering what the FoF "discount" is if anybody happens to know.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Dayna

Weekend only FoF memberships are $5 per person for the whole weekend, so that's $10 for the both of you.

All season memberships are as stated below, and include a discount rate of $14 per adult ticket.

However.... any full-season member can buy as many as they want by showing their FoF membership card, and participants can get them for $10 each.

I suggest that either you find someone who can pick some up for you on their membership OR find a friendly Bristol employee, such as a FoF Hench (wink wink nudge nudge) to whom you can send the money (wink wink nudge nudge) and who will buy them for you (wink wink nudge nudge) and leave them for you at Will-call (wink wink nudge nudge).
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Dinobabe

That's what I needed to know!  Thanks Dayna! ;D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com