News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Prayers for My Mother.

Started by PurpleDragon, January 31, 2010, 07:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleDragon

My friends,

Thank you for your prayers and wishes regarding my mother.  She had a serious heart attack on Thursday because one of her main cardiac arteries collapsed, when she got to the hospital in Knoxville, the other one collapsed. They did an emergency procedure to install two stints in her heart and get her stabalized. Everything is okay right now, however she will need to have the right valve replaced because of deterioration.

I drove to W. Monroe LA to pick up my sister and we hit the road on Friday morning and stopped around 1:30 CST in Trenton GA because the snow was getting so bad that it was too dangerous to drive. Fortunately, there was a vacancy at the Days Inn.  We spent the night there and after watching the weather report the next morning decided to turn around and come home rather than risk our safety or the vehicle (My Truck, Demon) on those roads and risk getting stranded in Knoxville TN for god knows how long. We did speak with my mother on the way home and she completely understood and was actually quite thankful that we had decided to turn around because she did not want us to risk our own safety just to come see her. She was and is very grateful for the thoughts and prayers from everyone.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

lordwriothsley

I'm glad to hear that your mother is foing alright as of right now, but please let her know that she is in my thoughts and prayers at this time.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"