News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Does anybody else feel like I do?

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, November 26, 2009, 12:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryk Rakham

Leave it to VIII!!!!!!

I have been going to Scarborough Faire/Renaissance Festival for many moons now. This will be my 20th anniversary!  Back when I was single and a friend invited me to this cool thing he called Scarborough Faire. I've been hooked ever since. So the Rendesvous takes on a special meaning for me. I have strode the lanes at Scarby (and many other faires and festivals) these 20 years, and mostly been quiet...meeting only a few new folks each year. This year, I hope to make hundreds of new friends. I believe this shall be a wonderful event, full of color, laughter, fellowship, much hugging and hand-shaking and loads of fun. Whatever part I play, that part will be special and fit in comfortably with the many great memories that I have of from visiting our beloved village. Blue and El, thanks and you know I stand and await your direction as to how you need us to help. I look forward to meeting you all.........huzzah! and throw wide the gates....
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Queen_of_Navarre

Thank goodness Good King Henry has a sense of humor! Otherwise he would have never been able to handle the Pretender to the throne of France. (giggles)
Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

Amras Elfwine

Quote from: Lairde Guardn MCrack on December 04, 2009, 08:58:02 PM

Just make sure there is a pub...

Well said, M'Lairde, well said!

I know that the Marylanders will be there in The Spirit of Ren...I shall be kilted, circa 1314 or so...the earliest period eye-wear I can find that works for my myopia is frames circa 1780, but hey, it beats running into the furniture all day...

love to all, and whatever you wear, remember, "No plumbers crack allowed"...

8)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Finnian

In the past I've worn some goofy non HA stuff for themed weekends, obviously just for the theme (think pirate wolverine from x-mas for fantasy weekend), and nowadays I basically stick to my fae characters, since our home faire is fairy friendly (and hires fae on cast). I always feel out of place portraying my faun, but it goes over so well that even cast members take photographs, so I just can't deny an audience. But yeah I started seeing steampunk VENDORS this year and I was like WAIT...WHAT?

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on April 17, 2010, 02:18:52 PM

love to all, and whatever you wear, remember, "No plumbers crack allowed"...

8)

Best quote that I've seen all day. LOL.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess