News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2010 Season

Started by IzMeChera, February 07, 2010, 08:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IzMeChera

I will be working a friend's booth this year, but I've never been to the St. Louis Faire before, so I'm looking for suggestions on what I should find the time to do/see while I'm there. :)

Dinobabe

For non-Faire definitely visit Forest Park!  St. Louis is notorious for FREE attractions; history museum, science museum, art museum, zoo, outdoor "broadway" theater.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

act2redux

Those are all great ideas - tho' the outdoor theater (the Muny) does cost.  You might also want to check out the riverfront in St. Charles,  as well as the Budweiser brewery tour- maybe even Schlafly's in Maplewood if you have time...There is a lot to do and if you really have a lot of time to kill, we're not that far from some great floating in the Ozarks~

Dinobabe

The Muny does have free seats.  Check it out.
http://www.muny.org/content/view/88/95/

Although I would reccomend the $9 seats.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

act2redux

I'm SO SORRY...I wasn't thinking when I said that!   There is an entire section of free seats- we just never use them anymore cuz we've gotten addicted to seeing better~ 

again...so sorry!

Dinobabe

No biggie!
A lot of people don't believe that a city can have that much free stuff (and sometimes I hardly believe it!) so I always have the info on hand. ;D
We purchase the better seats as well. 8)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Bossmare

Lots of great wineries in the area, too. Try googling Augusta, MO or Hermann, Mo.

Lord Clisto of York

Looks like I am going to miss this faire for the second year in a row due to performing obligations elsewhere.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lord Magnus

Looking forward to arriving during the opening weekend. I do love visiting this faire, have been since its first day. :D
"What God abandoned, these defended,
  And saved the sum of things for pay".

Amyj

Lord Magnus - Looking forward to seeing you again!
Sir Clisto - Looks like you might just have to come out to Pirate Fest in September instead!!! :)
(then I can get my "celebrity sightings" in...he he he)

Squeeeeee....only one and a half more weeks!!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Genievea Brookstone

We are soo excited and counting down the days!
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Amyj on May 04, 2010, 09:21:53 PM
Sir Clisto - Looks like you might just have to come out to Pirate Fest in September instead!!! :)
(then I can get my "celebrity sightings" in...he he he)

Squeeeeee....only one and a half more weeks!!!!

AmyJ,

Pirate fest is impossible for me to attend due to performing at the Des Moines faire each year the first three weekends in Sept. Sorry
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

gem

Looks like we'll be there for opening weekend! Can't wait!

Any thoughts on the weather?

Malcolm

Forecast says, "Partly Cloudy with temps in the lower seventies." But things have been known to change here in the Midwest.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

jcbanner

was also told stormy last weekend, but never saw a drop of rain. we'll be open, even if there is that wet stuff in the air.  but this is the St Louis area, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes. it WILL change