News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2010 Season

Started by IzMeChera, February 07, 2010, 08:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Malcolm on May 10, 2010, 01:46:40 AM
Forecast says, "Partly Cloudy with temps in the lower seventies." But things have been known to change here in the Midwest.

Hey Malcolm, what the hecks been going on with you? Havent seen you in a few years now.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Malcolm

Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on May 11, 2010, 01:50:26 AM
Forecast says, "Partly Cloudy with temps in the lower seventies." But things have been known to change here in the Midwest.

Hey Malcolm, what the hecks been going on with you? Havent seen you in a few years now.
Just been hiding out here in Corn Field, Illinois, enjoying my retirement.
My Lady has been having problems with her left foot, which has left me less than mobile. I need to be her feet for this and last summer. That rather limits my travel to far faires.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Once Debauched

I'll be out opening day with friends, YAY!  Not sure what time yet.  I'm packing the flasks already!  ;)

The following weekend I'll have Chicklette in tow.

IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Malcolm on May 12, 2010, 02:06:16 AM
Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on May 11, 2010, 01:50:26 AM

Just been hiding out here in Corn Field, Illinois, enjoying my retirement.
My Lady has been having problems with her left foot, which has left me less than mobile. I need to be her feet for this and last summer. That rather limits my travel to far faires.

Sorry to hear about your wifes foot problem. I know how that can be. I am glad you are doing well yourself. If you are happening on being at any faires at all, please let me know. I may be at the same ones.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Amyj

It's Faire time tomorrow!!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Genievea Brookstone

If the weather tomorrow is like today it will definatly be a cloak wearing day!
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

Quote from: Amyj on May 14, 2010, 10:56:25 AM
It's Faire time tomorrow!!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

:P

Hope to see you & Bob Memorial Day Weekend.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

Amyj

Sure will...I'll have my parents and my two oldest nephews along that Sunday!

Hopefully it's not too cold tomorow....I refuse to wear a cloak in Mid-May...dagnabit!!!!  (Now watch, I'll have PNEUMONIA in Mid-May!!!)  :D
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Malcolm

Guess I'll be wearing my woolies under my kilt.

BTW, beware of crafty Celts in kilts with cameras!
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Amyj

Historically Accur-ISH

Butch

SoSoSo?  How was opening day?

Amyj

Opening day was great...wet and chilly but it was great to see everyone.  There are some new acts that are awesome!  And there have been MANY great improvements to the grounds that are good to see!
Historically Accur-ISH

Genievea Brookstone

What a wet and wonderfully fun weekend... next weekend looks to be hot and humid!  As Amyj said a number of new acts ( thought Wolgemot was outstanding!!) and improvements around the grounds and really appreciated the trolley to the upper parking lots because of the soggy mess for parking.  I only caught Gem s she was leaving on Sunday will have to keep a closer eye out for everyone else in the up coming weekends.
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

act2redux

It was way more wet in Lyon than we wanted- tho' sunday was almost reasonable until nearly the end of the day~  I missed Gem completely- darn!I was so caught up in the new schedule I completely missed looking in some areas! 
The only good thing about all that rain is the different way the "jousts" must be presented...they're hysterical when its too wet for horses...makes me think about tipping THAT act! 
Wolgemot was superb!! WAY hope they come back next season- even had the King's guard in a conga line doing the Polar Bear dance....and the Chuvani belly dancing troupe's improptu addition was great too- I think they enjoyed it as well~
There have been some new additions this year- more in the works.  Come out and see us if you have the opportunity!

Amyj

Rumor has it that it will be summer at faire this weekend...upper 80's, sunny and HUMID!!!!  Gotta love Missouri weather...never a dull moment.
Historically Accur-ISH